WORLD’S FIRST JUNIOR CONCIERGES TURN OUT
AT THE NEW LEGOLAND® WINDSOR RESORT
Sunday 19th February – A team of six children aged between nine and eleven have been selected from hundreds to become the World’s very first junior concierges at The LEGOLAND Windsor Resort’s new LEGOLAND Hotel opening next month. The team tried out their concierge desk for size at an exclusive sneak preview of the hotel when they were presented with their uniforms and caps at a special concierge training session.
The three boys and three girls were selected from more than six hundred applicants and will take it in turns to take up residence at the new hotel over key school holiday periods.
“We are delighted with our world first team of junior concierges and by their reactions to the hotel,”” said Stephen Cotton, Hotel Director at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort. “They will be able to give a real child’s eye insight for our younger guests and part of their brief during training was to find the features they would personally recommend. They will be able to give advice on anything from queue-busting tips for the rides on the Resort, best seats for the live shows to where to buy the tastiest ice cream. And, of course, where to spot 1,600 amazing LEGO® models that have taken up residence within the hotel”.
The team are the very first children to explore the new hotel and were impressed by what they saw. The magnificent floor to ceiling high exploding toy box mobile in the lobby, the reception wall made from 6,000 mini-figures and the 6m smoking Dragon in the entrance clock tower were the biggest hits.
“I was so excited and proud to be chosen,” said nine year old Zak Crowe from Bexleyheath, Kent. “I can’t believe how much LEGO there is; I think people are going to have loads of fun and the moving mobile, breathing dragon and the wall with all the little mini-figures are my best bits.”
Eleven year old Megan Noon from Rotherham was also excited about her new dream holiday job. “I love LEGO and there are so many LEGO bricks here. I am feeling excited about coming
back and sitting behind my desk and answering people’s questions. I hope I’ll help them enjoy themselves.”
In addition to their sneak preview, the children were also taught the basics of concierge etiquette from what angle to wear your hat to how to deal with difficult guests and were given a behind the scenes insight into what it takes to run a hotel.
The LEGOLAND Hotel opens at The LEGOLAND Windsor Resort on March 17th.
THE LEGOLAND HOTEL JUNIOR CONCIERGE TEAM IS:
- Toby Johnson – nine years old from Crowthorne, Berkshire
- Zak Griffith Crowe – nine years old from Bexleyheath, Kent
- Mahnoor Khan – nine years old from Slough, Berkshire
- Molly Wilson – nine years old from Coventry, West Midlands
- Xan McCollum – ten years old- from Lewes, East Sussex
- Megan Noon – eleven years old from Rotherham, South Yorkshire
For further information please contact Stacey Sutton at freerange communications on 020 7402 9996 or mail Stacey@freerange.eu.
Notes to editors:
- Dedicated to interactive family fun, the unique LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Hotel will bring LEGO to life with imaginative theming and a host of child friendly features. There will be three types of themed bedroom – Pirate, Kingdom or Adventure and a host of stunning themed play spaces, including a brightly LEGO Pirates themed splash pool and giant central play feature. Set right on the edge of the 150 acre LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, the hotel will open in March 2012.
- MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment, and has seen the most successful and dynamic growth of any company in the sector over the last five years. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 87 attractions, six hotels/two holiday villages in 19 countries and across four continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its 46 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and more than 17,000 employees. Among Merlin’s attractions are - SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, The EDF Energy London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures Resort, Blackpool Tower, Heide Park, Sydney Aquarium, WILD LIFE Sydney, Sydney Tower Eye and SKYWALK, Siam Ocean World and Busan Aquarium. All brands which are distinctive, challenging and innovative – and which have great potential for growth in the future. Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.
- For year-round group savings and benefits, including free group leader tickets, go to Merlin Groups (www.merlingroups.com). Group sizes start at just seven people and bookings can be made online or by calling 0871 222 6944