FEEL THE FORCE!
LEGO® Star Wars™ Miniland Experience
Event Weekend at the
LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort
Saturday 24 March and Sunday 25 March 2012
- Special themed weekend to celebrate the official opening of the new LEGO® Star Wars™ Miniland Experience at LEGOLAND®
- Meet Star Wars™ characters on park – including a Stormtrooper battalion
- Jedi training camp, Droid building workshops, life size Star Wars™ vehicles
- AND the first 100 children in Star Wars costumes will get in FREE
- www.legoland.co.uk for more information or to pre-book tickets and enjoy a 10% discount
- Open from 10am to 6pm
Stormtroopers manning the turnstiles, Droid workshops and Jedi training camps are just some of the activities in store for guests as the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort celebrates the official opening of the new LEGO® Star Wars™ Miniland Experience on the 24 and 25 March. PLUS the first 100 little fans who turn up as their favourite Star Wars characters will get in absolutely free.
The indoor fully themed LEGO® Star Wars™ Miniland Experience will painstakingly recreate seven of the most famous scenes – six from the beloved Star Wars™ films and one from the smash hit animated series: Star Wars: The Clone Wars™, using around 1.5 million LEGO® bricks. Following a chronological path through the Star Wars™ timeline and featuring around 2,000 LEGO® models in 1:20 scale from the planets Naboo, Geonosis, Kashyyk, Mustafar, Tatooine, Hoth, Endor and Christophsis, the area will also feature authentic Star Wars™ sounds, actions and lighting effects further immersing visitors into the Star Wars™ saga and bringing the experience to life.
And for one weekend only you can also enjoy the opportunity to climb aboard a life size Landspeeder for a photo. Would-be Jedi juniors can hone their lightsabre skills at Jedi training camp, and all can enjoy the spectacle of a battalion of Stormtroopers marching through the park as they search for their Star Wars™ heroes; Han Solo, Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker, and Chewbacca, who will be roaming the Resort.
The event is included in the normal LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort ticket price, FREE for under threes and to Premium Annual Pass Holders. Pre-booking is advised to guarantee entry at www.legoland.co.uk. Booking online means you enjoy a 10% discount on day ticket prices and you can print your tickets at home for quick entrance on the day: adult ticket from £38.88 and child (3-15) from £30.78.
Find out more at www.legoland.co.uk
Terms and conditions apply. For full terms and conditions click here
For further information please contact: Amy Williams/Karen Abrams at freerange communications on: 0207 402 9966 or email@example.com
Notes to Editors:
- STAR WARS™, STARWARS:THE CLONE WARS™ and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd and/or its affiliates. TM & © Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.
- LEGOLAND® Deutschland and LEGOLAND® Billund opened STAR WARS™ Miniland displays in 2011.
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2-12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 55 million LEGO® bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- There are four other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California and the recently opened LEGOLAND® Florida in the U.S.A and LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany.
- MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment, and has seen the most successful and dynamic growth of any company in the sector over the last five years. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largestvisitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates nearly 80 attractions, six hotels/two holiday villages in 17 countries and across four continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its 44 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and more than 17,000 employees. Merlin Entertainments operates the following attractions - SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND®, The EDF Energy London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK, Chessington World of Adventures Resort, Blackpool Tower, Heide Park, Earth Explorer, Sydney Aquarium, WILD LIFE Sydney, Sydney Tower Eye and SKYWALK, Kelly Tarlton’s Antarctic Encounter Underwater World, Oceanworld Manly WILD LIFE Hamilton Island. All brands which are distinctive, challenging and innovative – and which have great potential for growth in the future. Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.
- For year-round group savings and benefits, including free group leader tickets, go to Merlin Groups (www.merlingroups.com). Group sizes start at just seven people and bookings can be made online or by calling 0871 222 6944.