Get Your Pet Made in LEGO® at the New LEGO® Friends Area Print
Get Your Pet Made in LEGO® at the New LEGO® Friends Area
GET YOUR PET MADE IN LEGO® AT THE NEW LEGO® FRIENDS AREA AT THE LEGOLAND® WINDSOR RESORT
Dogs are not only a ‘man’s best friend’ according to new research from the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort which shows that dogs make the best pet friends for girls too – and are often better pals than people. The survey, marking the recent opening of a new LEGO® Friends area, Heartlake City, explores youngsters’ friendships with their pets, with nearly two thirds of pet owning girls (aged 6-12)* agreeing that dogs make the best animal friends. And to celebrate their official top dog status, the attraction is now searching for the country’s ultimate BFF (Best Furry Friend) to be created in LEGO to take up residence in the LEGO Friends Heartlake City area.
“Children are totally passionate about their pets and it is something we reflect in the new LEGO Friends area at the Resort, and what prompted this poll”, commented LEGOLAND Windsor Resort’s, PR Manager, Lauren Moss. “It clearly confirms that dogs really are a girl’s best friend and to celebrate we want to find the UK’s ultimate pet pooch. We’re asking children to share their favourite pet pictures and tell us why their dog is so special**. Then we will recreate the UK’s ‘top dog’ in LEGO where they will join the other LEGO Friends’ pets later this summer.”
The poll also revealed that around one in six girls think their pets are better friends than their human ‘besties’ , with nine out of ten scoring their furry friends higher against some of the friendship values they considered most important, with:
- over 40% agreeing that their pets were better than people at ‘cheering them up’ and ‘keeping them company’
- around a third rating their animals as ‘more loyal’, increasing to 40% amongst dog owners
- half of rabbit owners scoring their bunnies better at ‘keeping them company’ than their human chums
- one in three saying pets were better listeners than people and less likely to be ‘mean’ to them
The new LEGO Friends area opened in May and brings to life the Heartlake City world of Mia, Stephanie, Emma, Olivia and Andrea with exciting new attractions, an action packed live show AND an all new exciting equestrian themed ride, Mia’s Riding Adventure and full sized LEGO models of all the Friends and some of their pets.
Children can nominate their pet dog to be recreated in LEGO by posting on picture of them and their pet on the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Facebook page (www.facebook.com/officiallegolandwindsor) and telling the team why their animal is the ultimate BFF. Submissions required by 10 July 2015**
* The Poll was conducted amongst 1000 pet own 6-12 year old girls nationwide by Censuswide between 17 and 23 June.
** The successful submission will be informed by Tuesday 14 July and must be available to attend the Resort on Thursday 27 August with their pet
Tansy Ratcliffe - James at freerange on 020 7402 9966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Park ticket prices/opening
- park open until 2 November 2015 (closed on selected midweek days in September, October and November)
- In advance online, from £36.90 for adults, from £33.75 for children (free for under three’s) and from £141.30 for families (2 adults + 2 children)
- Book here: www.legoland.co.uk/en/Book/ or call 0845 373 2640
LEGO themed LEGOLAND Hotel prices/opening
- Themed family rooms (2 adults/ up to 3 children) available from £289 (not including LEGO Friends rooms) Premium LEGO Friends packages from £369
- Hotel price includes breakfast and Park tickets for two days plus early bird access to selected rides in the Park (special rates available for LEGOLAND Annual Pass Holders and Merlin Annual Pass Holders)
- Book here: www.legoland.co.uk/hotel/shortbreak/
Notes To Editors:
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO® bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- The LEGOLAND Windsor Resort opens from March 13 – 2 November 2015. It is closed on selected midweek days in April, May, September, October and November. For further details please check www.LEGOLAND.co.uk
- There are five other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany and LEGOLAND® Malaysia.
- MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS plc is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 109 attractions, 12 hotels/4 holiday villages in 23 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its almost 63 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and c26,000 employees (peak season).
- Among Merlin’s attractions are - SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, The London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK Resort, Blackpool Tower, Heide Park Resort, Sydney Tower Eye and SKYWALK. All brands which are distinctive, challenging and innovative – and which have great potential for growth in the future. Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.