Glastonbury Festival Starring Kanye West Joins the Miniland Line-Up Print
Glastonbury Festival Starring Kanye West Joins the Miniland Line-Up
GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL STARRING KANYE WEST JOINS THE MINILAND LINE-UP AT THE LEGOLAND® WINDSOR RESORT
Monday 22 June 2015 – Ahead of the main event starting this Wednesday, the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort today unveiled a brand NEW Glastonbury Festival scene in the world-famous Miniland attraction - complete with REAL Worthy Farm mud and LEGO Miniland figures of headline stars Kanye West, Florence Welch and Roger Daltrey from The Who.
The Resort’s talented Model Making team have created 10cm high LEGO® recreations of Kanye West, Florence Welch and Roger Daltrey from The Who in a headliner mash up, PLUS Kim Kardashian backstage in the VIP area. And a festival isn’t a festival without all the essentials – including mini portaloos, tents and festival-goers mud
sliding in REAL Glastonbury Festival mud delivered direct to the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort from Worthy Farm.
The Glastonbury scene took the Resort’s talented model making team 720 hours to build, using around 9,872 bricks, including 5,400 used to create the 50cm high Pyramid Stage based on precise dimensions supplied by the Glastonbury Festival team.
“The Glastonbury Festival has become such a British institution, it truly deserves a place here in Miniland,” commented LEGOLAND Windsor Resort PR Manager, Lauren Moss. “The Model Makers have had a huge amount of fun creating the scene and the Festival team have been really helpful giving us stage dimensions and sending a special consignment of Glastonbury ‘mud’ fresh from the farm. We think guests are going to love the scene which will remain a permanent feature here from today.”
Miniland is one of the most popular attractions at LEGOLAND Windsor Resort bringing to life some of the world’s most famous landmarks in amazingly accurate miniature detail. The entire area features 12 scenes created from 41 million individual bricks.
Tansy Ratcliffe - James at freerange on 020 7402 9966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
• The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO® bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
• The LEGOLAND Windsor Resort opens from March 13 – 2 November 2015. It is closed on selected midweek days in April, May, September, October and November. For further details please check www.LEGOLAND.co.uk
• There are five other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany and LEGOLAND® Malaysia.
• MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS plc is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 109 attractions, 12 hotels/4 holiday villages in 23 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its almost 63 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and c26,000 employees (peak season).
• Among Merlin’s attractions are - SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, The London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK Resort, Blackpool Tower, Heide Park Resort, Sydney Tower Eye and SKYWALK. All brands which are distinctive, challenging and innovative – and which have great potential for growth in the future. Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.