September Stock Take at The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort Print
September Stock Take at The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort
SEPTEMBER STOCK TAKE AT THE LEGOLAND® WINDSOR RESORT
23 September 2015. Every September the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort closes to take stock and sort out after summer whilst preparations get underway for October’s Brick or Treat season. The seven strong Model Making Team, based at a special studio in the heart of the Resort, spend the time making essential repairs and conducting a careful ‘brick count’ to assess LEGO® stock levels and catalogue models stored in the archive facilities.
“Our Model Makers not only have to make sure all of the models our guests get to enjoy on the Resort (all 80 million bricks worth!) are in great shape, it’s also their job to ensure there’s always enough bricks in the LEGO bank to make repairs and build new models when we need to,” explains PR Manager, Lauren Moss. “We have a
large repository of models which are not currently on display that also need to be ‘stock checked’. We don’t break them down, we store them safely and our September closed days are the perfect time for a spot of tidying up behind the scenes”.
The archives and brick storage rooms house around five million LEGO bricks, with every conceivable shape, size and colour represented. The most common colours are red, green and yellow with a healthy injection of orange, black and white in the run up to Halloween. Models being catalogued during the stock take included a 5ft tall replica of Big Ben comprising 11,000 individual bricks, a startlingly realistic LEGO copy of The Mona Lisa, plus numerous animals, trains, planes and automobiles. The team will take five days to complete their stock check and brick count before the 2015 Brick or Treat and fireworks season kicks off on 17 October. Find our more at www.legoland.co.uk
For further information contact:
Lauren Beaty at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort – firstname.lastname@example.org 01753 626267
Notes to editors:
· The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO® bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
· The LEGOLAND Windsor Resort opens from March 13 – 2 November 2015. It is closed on selected midweek days in April, May, September, October and November. For further details please check www.LEGOLAND.co.uk
· There are five other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany and LEGOLAND® Malaysia.
· MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS plc is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 111 attractions, 12 hotels/4 holiday villages in 23 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its almost 63 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and c26,000 employees (peak season).
· Among Merlin’s attractions are - SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, DreamWorks Tours SHREK’s Adventure, The London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK Resort, Blackpool Tower, Heide Park Resort, Sydney Tower Eye and SKYWALK. All brands which are distinctive, challenging and innovative – and which have great potential for growth in the future. Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.