Christmas Bricktacular Print
The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort gears up for Christmas Bricktacular.
THE LEGOLAND® WINDSOR RESORT GEARS UP FOR CHRISTMAS BRICKTACULAR
Monday 16 November. With the countdown to Christmas well underway and just five days to go before the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort opens for its festive Bricktacular season, a team of LEGO® helpers are feverishly getting everything ready in a special workshop in the heart of the Resort.
Model Makers put the finishing touches to some of the Christmas LEGO models that will feature in the Resort’s Christmas Land, including oversized presents, a gigantic snowman, huge Christmas puddings and a collection of colourful traditional style toys - all created from 168,540 individual bricks. Thousands of LEGO bricks have also been individually packed into transparent baubles which will hang from hundreds of snow sprinkled trees lit up with hundreds of twinkling lights.
“As soon as our fireworks season is over it is full steam ahead to get everything ready for the Christmas Bricktacular”, commented LEGOLAND Windsor Resort PR Manager, Lauren Moss. “Even when the park is closed, there’s plenty happening behind the scenes and it takes the team three weeks to transform the Resort into a magical LEGO Christmas land – building new models and repairing existing ones, installing the UK’s biggest LEGO Christmas tree (standing 8m tall), festooning pines trees with rows and rows of lights and making sure Father Christmas’ grotto is just right for the Big Man in the Red Suit’s arrival.”
Christmas Bricktacular at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort opens on 21 November and runs until 23 December. Find out more at www.legoland.co.uk/christmas
For further information please contact Lauren Beaty at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort on 01753 626267 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes To Editors:
• The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO® bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
• The LEGOLAND Windsor Resort opens from March 13 – 2 November 2015. It is closed on selected midweek days in April, May, September, October and November. For further details please check www.LEGOLAND.co.uk
• There are five other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany and LEGOLAND® Malaysia.
• MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS plc is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 111 attractions, 12 hotels/4 holiday villages in 23 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its almost 63 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and c26,000 employees (peak season).
• Among Merlin’s attractions are - SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, DreamWorks Tours SHREK’s Adventure, The London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK Resort, Blackpool Tower, Heide Park Resort, Sydney Tower Eye and SKYWALK. All brands which are distinctive, challenging and innovative – and which have great potential for growth in the future. Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.