The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort unveils mini LEGO® Royal wedding Print
To celebrate HRH Prince Harry and Ms. Meghan Markle’s wedding, the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort has created its very own 39,960 LEGO® brick Windsor Castle to add to the Resort’s world-famous Miniland attraction. Built specially for the occasion, the mini brick Castle is permanently on display from today and is just a stone’s throw from the real wedding venue where the royal couple will be tying the knot on 19 May 2018.
LEGOLAND’s brand-new Windsor Castle took a dedicated team of eight talented Model Makers, 592 hours to complete and is the stage for a 10cm tall, 60 LEGO brick mini Meghan Markle in her wedding dress and veil, with her LEGO Prince by her side. An intricately designed mini Ascot Landau carriage, made from 1,500 LEGO bricks can also be spotted travelling down the miniature Long Walk (complete with two mini 200 LEGO brick horses), perfectly recreating the real life procession in miniature LEGO form.
Completing the scene, are miniature LEGO models of The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh as well as best man, The Duke of Cambridge, the Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George and Princess Charlotte, plus the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall and Meghan Markle’s parents.
Joining Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in the scene are a host of tiny touches including an impressive crowd of 500 Minilanders (made from 17,000 LEGO bricks) which mimic the real-life spectators expected on the big day. Celebrity LEGO lookalikes, including Sir Elton John and his tiny tinted rose glasses will be in the cast of mini LEGO guests, alongside 90s pop icons the Spice Girls, with Ginger Spice wearing a LEGO recreation of her classic Union Jack dress. The whole scene took 11 Model Makers, 752 hours to build and is made up of almost 60,000 LEGO bricks.
Paula Laughton, Head Model Maker at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, commented: “With the Royal wedding happening just down the road, it felt only right to celebrate their special day with a new royal scene and it was a real thrill to be able immortalise our local Castle in LEGO bricks for the first time ever. We can’t wait to see our guests’ reaction to the royal tribute and our magnificent new Windsor Castle.”
Guests can see the new LEGO Royal wedding scene from today, where it will be on display until November, adding some royal excitement to the Resort ahead of the big day on 19 May 2018.
Windsor Castle, the first permanent LEGO building to be built at the Resort to celebrate a Royal event, will remain in Miniland to continue delighting guests well beyond the wedding.
The most recent addition to Miniland, it joins several new LEGO builds for 2018, including iconic landmarks from India, Australia, China and the USA. Miniland has been a major attraction at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort since the Resort opened in 1996, and now guests can now stroll from the London to Sydney in the space of a just few minutes.
- Park is open until 1 November 2018 (closed on selected midweek days in March, April, May, September and October)
- Tickets from £32 on selected dates, when booked online at least 7 days in advance
- 2018 tickets available now. Book here: www.legoland.co.uk/legoroyals
NOTE TO EDITORS
- LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations, the Minifigure, DUPLO and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2018 The LEGO Group.
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO® bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- Merlin Entertainments plc is a global leader in location based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 120 attractions, 15 hotels and 6 holiday villages in 25 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable experiences to more than 65 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its c.29,000 employees (peak season).
- See Merlin Backstage (www.merlinentertainments.biz/backstage or www.facebook.com/merlinbackstage) for an insight into how Merlin delivers memorable experiences to its many millions of visitors to its attractions.
- Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.