World's Smallest Pumpkin Patch Print
WORLD’S SMALLEST PUMPKIN PATCH FEATURING MINIATURE CARVINGS POPS UP IN MINILAND AT THE LEGOLAND® WINDSOR RESORT
The famous Miniland at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is home to perfect, miniature recreations of some of the world’s most famous buildings, landscapes AND now the world’s smallest pumpkin patch* which popped up yesterday in the shadow of Stonehenge. The unique Halloween harvest scene features more than 200 teeny 3cm tall pumpkins including a batch specially carved as miniscule jack-o-lanterns by renowned Miniature Artist Hedley Wiggan.
The tiny jack-o-lanterns are decorated with minute Minifigure monster faces and took Wiggan over 60 hours to carve, using tiny specially modified tools like pins and scalpels. Lit from within like any good jack-o-lantern should be, guests can spot them in the midst of the pumpkin patch scene which also features hay bales, mini LEGO® recreations of tractors, farmers and scarecrows. The scene took two of the Resort’s Model Makers 13 hours to build, using around 450 bricks.
“As I loved Halloween as a child I was excited to be part of this project. It brought back many happy memories, I hope guests have as much fun looking at the pumpkins, as I did creating them”, commented artist Hedley Wiggan. It was particularly hard working on the finer details of the pumpkins – there’s a science involved in understanding any material you work with but once I got to grips with it the fun began.”
“It’s astonishing that Hedley has managed to create such tiny carved pumpkins”, said Senior PR Manager Lauren Moss. “They are perfectly in scale with Miniland and we look forward to giving our guests a big surprise on a very small scale when they visit the Resort for Brick or Treat.”
The world’s smallest pumpkin patch will be in Miniland as part of the Brick or Treat season at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort from Monday 17 October until Saturday 5 November**.
* The pumpkins featured are specially created artificial pumpkins.
**The LEGOLAND Windsor Resort is closed on 1-4 November 2016.
NOTE TO EDITORS
- LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. (c)2016 The LEGO Group.
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO® bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- There are five other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany and LEGOLAND® Malaysia.
- MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS plc is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 111 attractions, 12 hotels/4 holiday villages in 23 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its almost 63 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and c26,000 employees (peak season).
- Among Merlin’s attractions are - SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, DreamWorks Tours SHREK’s Adventure, The London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK Resort, Blackpool Tower, Heide Park Resort, Sydney Tower Eye and SKYWALK. All brands which are distinctive, challenging and innovative – and which have great potential for growth in the future. Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information