First of its kind Total Sensory Space now open at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort Print
Guests can now explore the all-new Total Sensory Space in Heartlake City at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort. The calming space has been specifically designed and put in place for those with additional sensory needs, and is now open at the Resort as a permanent feature for guests to enjoy.
This is the first dedicated sensory facility of its kind in a theme park, providing a calming environment for guests with additional needs who require a quiet moment away from the excitement of the Resort’s 55 rides, live shows, and attractions.
Guests can discover an open space full of interactive sensory experiences, with vibrating bean bags, soft seating, interactive projections, bubble tubes, infinity tunnels, tactile panels, and soft lighting, all designed to create a calm space to relax in for those who need it.
The UV room allows guests to discover brighter colours, fibre optics, and UV mats, whilst the main space includes musical sound pads, activity panels to manipulate, and an interactive carpet, all part of the overall sensory experience on offer.
The space was designed and created by Total Sensory, market leaders in providing calming sensory rooms. The calming environment was created with guests’ needs in mind, giving them a place to relax. Total Sensory provide sensory space projects across a range of sectors, including schools, care homes, hospices, and now for the very first time in a theme park at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort.
Guests can also take advantage of the Resort’s Accessibility Guide which details all the services on offer for guests with additional needs, including the Ride Access Pass, a virtual queuing system, and the free carer’s tickets. The guide can be accessed online to help guests to plan their visit in advance, or a copy can be picked up at Guest Services.
Colin Elborough, Head of Guest Experience at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort commented: “There are already lots of ways guests with disabilities can make the most of their visit with us, and the Total Sensory Space is a fantastic addition to our existing services. We can’t wait to see our guests interacting with its many features and enjoying all the space has to offer.”
Vanessa Ford, Director at Total Sensory commented: "We are so proud to have created a family friendly sensory space at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort. We hope that people of all ages with sensory needs enjoy the area, and that it contributes to making a great day out even better."
A spokesperson for the National Autistic Society, commented: “Many autistic children love trips to theme parks where they can have fun and socialise. But unfamiliar places, especially popular attractions, can increase their anxiety levels and overload their senses.
A calming place like a sensory room can help them to decompress, relax and really enjoy their visit.
“This is why we were delighted to hear about LEGOLAND Windsor Resort’s new sensory facilities. Supportive spaces like these play an essential role in opening up the world for autistic children and their families.”
- To find out more, view the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort accessibility guide, and plan your visit, go to www.legoland.co.uk/sensory
- Request a catalogue or sensory room design from the creators of the Total Sensory Space, or explore their product range at www.totalsensory.co.uk
- Day tickets available for the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort from £32pp at www.legoland.co.uk/tickets
NOTE TO EDITORS
- LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2018 The LEGO Group.
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO® bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- There are seven other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund, LEGOLAND® California, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland, LEGOLAND® Malaysia, LEGOLAND® Japan and LEGOLAND® Dubai.
About Merlin Entertainments plc
- Merlin Entertainments plc is a global leader in location based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 120 attractions, 18 hotels and 6 holiday villages in 25 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable experiences to more than 65 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its c.29,000 employees (peak season).
- See Merlin Backstage (www.merlinentertainments.biz/backstage or www.facebook.com/merlinbackstage) for an insight into how Merlin delivers memorable experiences to its many millions of visitors to its attractions.
- Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.
About Total Sensory
- Total Sensory are a market leader in providing calming sensory rooms and sensory equipment
- A family run company, based in Southend-on-Sea, Total Sensory supply sensory equipment across the UK, with a manufacturing base in Doncaster.
- As well as the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort sensory room, Total Sensory provides sensory room installations in schools, care homes, hospices, private homes and more. They are also approved suppliers for the NHS.