THE LEGOLAND® WINDSOR RESORT WELCOMES THE ROYAL BABY INTO MINILAND AND GRANTS FREE ENTRY TO ANYONE WHO SHARES HIS NAME Print
9 May 2019: The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort has celebrated the arrival of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, unveiling a new LEGO® scene in its world famous Miniland attraction. Plus the Resort is granting FREE ENTRY to anyone who shares his first name*.
The new scene, created by the talented LEGOLAND Model Makers, features a 3cm tall LEGO® creation of Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, along with a LEGO pram made up of just 50 tiny LEGO bricks. The new Miniland Royal is joined by LEGO models of his proud parents, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex who take pride of place together outside Miniland’s very own 39,960 LEGO brick Windsor Castle.
All those who are lucky enough to be called ‘Archie’, will be granted one day free entry to LEGOLAND, simply by showing their proof of identity at the Ticket Office*. The free entry offer to enjoy the Resorts rides, live shows and attractions, is available for visits until 12 July 2019.
Paula Laughton, Head Model Maker at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, commented: “We love to celebrate our royal neighbours’ news and wanted to mark this very special occasion in our own LEGOLAND way! Our guests love to spot our new models in Miniland and we can’t wait to see what they think of our latest royal addition.”
Guests can see the new LEGO Royal as part of Miniland's recreation of Windsor Castle now, where it will be on display until November.
- *Royal Baby name free entry Terms and conditions - legoland.co.uk/royalbabyterms
- Guests with the first name ‘Archie’ will be granted a one day free entry ticket to visit LEGOLAND between 9 May 2019 and 12 July 2019.
- Spelling must match ‘Archie’ for entry to be granted.
- Guests with the first name Archie must report to the "Ticket Office", located at the main entrance of the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, between 9 May 2019 and 12 July 2019 (inclusive) with proof of identity. Proof of identity includes: passport, birth certificate or photocard driving licence (photocopies of any of the foregoing are accepted). First names must match the exact spelling of the name mentioned in this paragraph.
- LEGOLAND Windsor Resort is open until 2 November 2019
- Tickets from £29 on selected dates, when booked online in advance
- Book here: legoland.co.uk/legoroyals
NOTE TO EDITORS
- LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations, and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2019 The LEGO Group.
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO®bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- There are seven other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany, LEGOLAND® Dubai and LEGOLAND® Malaysia and LEGOLAND Japan
About Merlin Entertainments plc
- Merlin Entertainments plc is a global leader in location-based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 120 attractions, 18 hotels and 6 holiday villages in 25 countries and across 4 continents. Merlin’s purpose is to deliver memorable experiences to 67 million guests around the world, through its iconic brands and multiple attraction formats, and the commitment and passion of its c.28,000 employees (peak season).
- See Merlin Backstage (merlinentertainments.biz/backstage or www.facebook.com/merlinbackstage) or visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.