Terms & Conditions Print
FREE ENTRY FOR GUESTS WITH THE NAME ARCHIE
Terms and Conditions
- Promoter: Merlin Attractions Operations Limited (company number 06272935) with registered office at Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset BH15 1LD, trading as LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, Winkfield Road, Windsor SL4 4AY for the purposes of this promotion.
- Guests with the first name Archie must report to the "Ticket Office", located at the main entrance of the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, between 9 May 2019 and 12 July 2019 (inclusive) with proof of identity. Proof of identity includes: passport, birth certificate or photocard driving licence (photocopies of any of the foregoing are accepted). First names must match the exact spelling of the name mentioned in this paragraph.
- Guests will be given one free adult ticket or one free child ticket to enter LEGOLAND Windsor Resort. If the guest with the matching name is under the age of 14, an adult aged 18 years or over must accompany such child and must remain under the control or supervision of such adult at all times whilst in the attraction. Such adult will be required to hold a valid ticket for the same day as the child entering with this offer or hold a valid Merlin or LEGOLAND Annual Pass. This adult ticket can be purchased online in advance of the visit and can be a discounted ticket obtained through another promotion, but please note that the free ticket offer referred to in paragraph 2 above is allocated on a first come first served basis so entry on the same day as this adult ticket holder is not guaranteed.
- Each guest with the first name as stated above is entitled to one ticket for a one day visit only and will be provided with this ticket by the staff at the "Ticket Office". The guest will have his/her hand stamped as proof of redemption of the offer. Tickets will only be valid for use only on the day of collection.
- Tickets cannot be collected on behalf of another person.
- Only one ticket per qualifying participant. Once a participant has redeemed their free ticket in accordance with this offer they will not be able to gain free entry using this offer on a subsequent occasion between 9 May 2019 and 12 July 2019 (inclusive).
- The participant will be asked to provide their name and postcode when redeeming this offer. By redeeming this offer you agree that any personal information provided by you for the purposes of redeeming this offer may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the offer. This personal information shall be collected, stored and processed in accordance with the fair processing notice in Annex A to these terms and conditions. You acknowledge that (a) the processing is necessary for us to take steps to enable you to redeem the offer and (b) we shall only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the fair processing notice.
- Offer can only be used as stipulated. Tickets are non-transferable, non-refundable and not for resale. Any purported transfer or sale of a free ticket will render that ticket void. There is no cash or other alternative available.
- The same person cannot benefit from this offer in addition to another promotional offer, discount (including concessions), or a reward/loyalty programme or a 2 Day Pass.
- Pre-purchased tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged for a free ticket.
- The ticket provided in accordance with this offer only entitles the holder to standard entrance to LEGOLAND WINDSOR and cannot be used for secondary ticketed events at LEGOLAND WINDSOR which are payable for separately. The ticket does not include priority entrance or fast track entrance to LEGOLAND WINDSOR. The ticket is not valid for any combination ticket with other attractions.
- Offer excludes LEGOLAND and Merlin Annual Pass holders who will already have access to the Resort between 9 May 2019 and 12 July 2019 using their Merlin or LEGOLAND Annual Pass.
- This offer excludes LEGOLAND Windsor Resort and other Merlin Group company employees.
- LEGOLAND Windsor Resort reserves the right, in our absolute discretion, to refuse entry and to close and/or alter all or any part of the facilities including closure of rides and/or attractions and removal of models for technical, operational, health and safety or other reasons where physical access or operation is not safe, practical or physically possible, including overcapacity.
- Tickets supplied as part of this offer remain the property of LEGOLAND Windsor Resort at all times and we reserve the right to take possession of such tickets and/or withdraw the offer at any time.
- Size, height, weight, age restrictions and medical warnings apply to certain rides and/or attractions. Some rides will require guests who only just meet the minimum height requirements to be accompanied by a person aged 16 years or over.
- All attraction information is subject to change; please check our website before your visit for the latest information: legoland.co.uk
- Entry into LEGOLAND Windsor Resort is subject to our terms and conditions of entry, which can be found on our website as above.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any successful participants or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the offer except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Statutory rights are not affected.
- By taking up the offer of the free adult or child ticket, the participant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter this promotion is submitted to the Promoter and not Facebook and you agree that Facebook shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this promotion.
- If the Promoter considers that there has been a breach of these rules by a participant, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, exclude such participant from participating in the offer, and/ or cancel or invalidate the participant's ticket.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of LEGOLAND Windsor, or otherwise where fraud, abuse and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this offer, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, LEGOLAND Windsor reserves the right to cancel or amend the offer or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter's decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and you and we agree to only bring legal actions about these terms and conditions in the courts of England and Wales. We will try to solve any disagreements quickly and efficiently. If you are not happy with the way we deal with any disagreement you and we may agree to refer the matter to arbitration but you and we are not restricted from bringing court proceedings.
Annex A - Fair Processing Notice
This fair processing notice ("Notice") sets out the basis on which we process and protect the Personal Information we collect from you.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU:
"Personal Information" refers to information which does or is capable of identifying you as an individual. The types of Personal Information that we process may include: names, address and postcode. We comply with principles of "data minimisation", and only collect the types and volume of Personal Information required to achieve the purposes set out in this Notice.
WHEN WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM YOU:
- We will collect information from you directly when you complete any associated forms to participate in the offer.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also monitor and record telephone calls for training and quality assurance purposes if you call us directly in connection with the offer.
- Information about you may also be provided to us indirectly by a family member or any other third person who may be entering into the competition on your behalf.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use the Personal Information we collect for the purpose of administering the offer. We will also need to use your Personal Information for purposes associated with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We have to establish a legal ground to use your Personal Information, so we will make sure that we only use your Personal Information for the purposes set out in this section where we are satisfied that:
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (e.g. to manage your application to participate in the offer), or
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to (e.g. to comply with requirements of the ICO), or
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to support 'legitimate interests' that we have as a business (e.g. to carry out analytics across our datasets in relation to the offer, provided it is always carried out in a way that is proportionate) and that respects your privacy rights. Where required under separate laws, for example the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we will also ensure that you have opted in to send you marketing materials.
Before collecting and/or using any Special Categories of Data, we will establish an additional lawful ground to those set out above which will allow us to use that information. This additional exemption will typically be:
- your explicit consent;
- the establishment, exercise or defence by us or third parties of legal claims; or
- a specific exemption provided under local laws of EU Member States and other countries implementing the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR").
Please note: if we have previously advised that we are relying on consent as the basis of our processing activities, going forward we will not be relying on that legal basis except where this has been explicitly set out to you.
Please note: if you provide your explicit consent to allow us to process your Special Categories of Data, you may withdraw your consent to such processing at any time. However, you should be aware that if you choose to do so, we may be unable to provide certain services to you. If you choose to withdraw your consent we will tell you more about the possible consequences.
If you are under the age of 16, you should not enter the offer unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian. We will provide follow up communication to your parent or guardian stating that you have indicated that their consent has been obtained, asking them to verify that that is indeed the case, and offering them a chance to opt-out if not. Where they have not provided consent, we will remove your entry and Personal Information. If you are a child, please make sure that your parent or guardian reads this Notice.
Parents and guardians should at all times supervise their children's activities, in particular for use of our website. We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any child under the age of 16 without us having been informed that the child's parent or guardian provided consent (other than such information as is necessary in order to obtain parental or guardian consent). Parents and legal guardians may request to review information collected from their children under the age of 16, or exercise any of the rights set out below on the child's behalf as specified in the "Contact Us" section below.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information will not be kept for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is processed (which will normally mean at the expiry of the offer and will be retained in accordance with our records management policy). In certain cases, laws or regulation require us to keep records for specific periods of time, including for accounting purposes or health and safety compliance. In other cases, records are retained in order to administer the relationship, to fulfil our contractual or statutory obligations or to resolve queries or disputes which arise from time to time.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will not share Personal Information with any third parties.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ACROSS BORDERS
Due to the global nature of our business, the Personal Information we collect may be transferred, processed and stored across geographical borders. For instance, we may transfer Personal Information locally or overseas, including to the European Union, United States, Australia and Singapore and other locations where we have business operations and where our data processing agents may perform duties for us. Any transfers of Personal Information from the European Economic Area to countries not automatically deemed to provide an adequate level of data protection are governed by European Union (EU) standard contractual clauses and/or equivalent data transfer regulations to protect the security and confidentiality of Personal Information. You have a right to request a copy of such safeguards using the contact details supplied in the section below, subject to any duties of confidentiality (i.e. we may have to remove commercially sensitive information).
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Notice.
We will not use your personal data to send you any marketing communications.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We have implemented reasonable physical, technical and administrative security standards to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or damage, including the use of password protection/encryption of Personal Information.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. In summary, you may request access to your data, rectification of any mistakes in our files, erasure of records where no longer required, restriction on the processing of your data, objection to the processing of your data, data portability and various information in relation to any automated decision making and profiling or the basis for international transfers. You also have the right to complain to your supervisory authority (further details of which are set out in the section below). Those underlined are defined in more detail as follows:
WHAT THIS MEANS
You can ask us to:
· confirm whether we are processing your personal data;
· give you a copy of that data;
· provide you with other information about your personal data such as what data we have, what we use it for, who we disclose it to, whether we transfer it abroad and how we protect it, how long we keep it for, what rights you have, how you can make a complaint, where we got your data from and whether we have carried out automated decision making or profiling, to the extent that information has not already been provided to you in this Notice.
You can ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data. We may seek to verify the accuracy of the data before rectifying it.
You can ask us to erase your personal data, but only where:
· it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; or
· you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was based on consent); or
· following a successful right to object (see 'Objection' below); or
· it has been processed unlawfully; or
· to comply with a legal obligation which the Promoter is subject to.
We are not required to comply with your request to erase your personal data if the processing of your personal data is necessary: for compliance with a legal obligation; or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. There are certain other circumstances in which we are not required to comply with your erasure request, although these two are the most likely circumstances where we would deny that request.
You can ask us to restrict (i.e. keep but not use) your personal data, but only where:
· its accuracy is contested (see 'Rectification' below), to allow us to verify its accuracy; or
· the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; or
· it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
· you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
We can continue to use your personal data following a request for restriction, where:
· we have your consent; or
· to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
· to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
You can ask us to provide your personal data to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it 'ported' directly to another Data Controller, but in each case only where: the processing is based on your consent or the performance of a contract with you; and the processing is carried out by automated means.
You can object to any processing of your personal data which has our 'legitimate interests' as its legal basis, if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests. Once you have objected, we have an opportunity to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate interests which override your rights.
Automated Decision Making
You can ask not to be subject to a decision which is based solely on automated processing , but only where that decision:
· produces legal effects concerning you (such as the rejection of a claim); or
· otherwise significantly affects you.
In such situations, you can obtain human intervention in the decision making, and we will ensure measures are in place to allow you to express your point of view, and/or contest the automated decision. Your right to obtain human intervention or to contest a decision does not apply where the decision which is made following automated decision making:
· is necessary for entering into or performing a contract with you;
· is authorised by law and there are suitable safeguards for your rights and freedoms; or
· is based on your explicit consent.
To exercise your rights, you may contact us as set out below. Please note the following if you wish to exercise these rights:
- Identity. We take the confidentiality of all records containing personal data seriously, and reserve the right to ask you for proof of your identity if you make a request.
- We will not ask for a fee to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data, unless your request for access to information is unfounded, repetitive or excessive, in which case we will charge a reasonable amount in the circumstances. We will let you know of any charges before completing your request.
- We aim to respond to any valid requests within one month unless it is particularly complicated or you have made several requests, in which case we aim to respond within three months. We will let you know if we are going to take longer than one month. We might ask you if you can help by telling us what exactly you want to receive or are concerned about. This will help us to action your request more quickly.
- Local laws, including in the UK, provide for additional exemptions, in particular to the right of access, whereby personal data can be withheld from you in certain circumstances, for example where it is subject to legal privilege.
- Third Party Rights. We do not have to comply with a request where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of other data subjects.
The primary point of contact for all issues arising from this Policy, including requests to exercise data subject rights, is our Data Protection Officer. The Data Protection Officer can be contacted in the following way: Data.Protection@merlinentertainments.biz
If you have a complaint or concern about how we use your personal data, please contact us in the first instance and we will attempt to resolve the issue as soon as possible. You also have a right to lodge a complaint with your national data protection supervisory authority at any time. In the UK, the supervisory authority for data protection is the ICO (https://ico.org.uk/). We do ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.