LEGO® City comes to life this May bank holiday weekend at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort in a new 4D movie Print
On 4 May, a brand new 4D movie launches at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort. LEGO® City 4D – Officer in Pursuit! screening exclusively at LEGOLAND® Parks and Discovery Centre’s, will have the whole family laughing out loud. In this 12 minute movie, join LEGO City Police Officers in a crazy 4D caper across town as they chase down the mischievous crook through the streets and skyscrapers of the metropolis. Families can become part of the action in this chaotic pursuit, brought to life through 3D glasses and 4D water, wind, fire and bubble effects.
Also new for 2019 is the Haunted House Monster Party ride. Little monsters are now invited to join the frightfully friendly Lord Vampyre for a monstrous party at his spooky haunted home. Young party guests are be greeted by LEGO brick gargoyles and talking statues, LEGO bunting, banners and balloons. Inside Lord Vampyre’s Haunted House, families take their seats on the ride at a banquet table in a magnificent hall, brimming with ghastly monster party food, cauldrons, potion bottles and goblets. Once sitting comfortably, Lord Vampyre will reveal his magical party trick – bringing the banquet hall swinging to life and turning the room upside down before his party goer’s very eyes.
The LEGO® MOVIE™ 2 Experience, gives guests the chance to explore an actual LEGO® set as seen in “The LEGO® MOVIE™ 2”. Returning heroes Emmet, Wyldstyle, and their LEGO co-stars can be spotted in their hometown of Apocalypseburg recreated in miniature LEGO scale. The LEGO® MOVIE™ 2 Experience is created out of 62,254 LEGO bricks, featuring 628 types of LEGO elements, utilizing 31 different colours. The new attraction offers guests an up-close look at Apocalypseburg and families will be amazed by the details that go into making this 3D animated blockbuster movie.
Families visiting over the bank holiday weekend can pick up a LEGOLAND Annual Pass in the sale until 7 May, for just £60 per person (usually £89 per person) and enjoy yearlong entry* to the theme park. Whilst families looking to enjoy weekday visits to the theme park, can save with the Off-Peak Saver Pass** at just £47 per person (usually £59 per person). Those who snap up a pass in the sale, can visit the new attractions as many times as they wish with yearlong access to the theme park.
With so many awesome rides, live shows and attractions, families can enjoy the ultimate LEGO experience and extend their visit with a short break. Families can choose to stay in one of two LEGO themed hotels, located on right on the edge of the Resort – the LEGOLAND Hotel and the LEGOLAND Castle Hotel, or choose a nearby partner hotel. Guests can find out more and book online at www.legolandholidays.co.uk
- The LEGOLAND Windsor Resort is now open until 2 November 2019. Opening hours available at legoland.co.uk/planning-your-visit/park-hours/
- Tickets from £29pp when booked online 1+ days in advance at legoland.co.uk
- LEGOLAND Annual Passes from £60pp in the Annual Pass sale running until 7 May at legoland.co.uk/annualpasses
- LEGO City 4D - Officer in Pursuit! Showing from 4 May 2019.
- LEGOLAND Annual Pass Sale
- Runs from 16 February – 7 May 2019.
- Sale available online at legoland.co.uk/annual-passes.
- LEGOLAND Annual Pass:
- Sale price £60 per person – usually £89 per person
- Yearlong entry during LEGOLAND’s open season
- * entry restricted on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays in August, 1st September, Fireworks dates and LEGOLAND at Christmas
- Includes discounted parking of £4
- LEGOLAND Off-Peak Saver Pass:
- Sale price £47 per person – usually £59 per person
- **Entry on select off-peak weekdays during LEGOLAND’s open season
- Includes discounted parking of £4
- Terms and conditions apply see legoland.co.uk/tickets-and-passes/terms-and-conditions/legoland-annual-pass/
- LEGOLAND Hotel – packages from £102pp based on 2 adults and 2 children sharing a room, including breakfast and two days park tickets.
- LEGOLAND Castle Hotel – packages from £117pp based on 2 adults and 2 children sharing a room, including breakfast and two days park tickets and additional Castle Hotel guest benefits.
NOTE TO EDITORS
- LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations, and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2019 The LEGO Group.
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO®bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- There are seven other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany, LEGOLAND® Dubai and LEGOLAND® Malaysia and LEGOLAND Japan
About Merlin Entertainments plc
- Merlin Entertainments plc is a global leader in location-based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 120 attractions, 18 hotels and 6 holiday villages in 25 countries and across 4 continents. Merlin’s purpose is to deliver memorable experiences to 67 million guests around the world, through its iconic brands and multiple attraction formats, and the commitment and passion of its c.28,000 employees (peak season).
- See Merlin Backstage (merlinentertainments.biz/backstage or www.facebook.com/merlinbackstage) or visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.
About The LEGO® MOVIE 2: The Second Part
- The much-anticipated sequel to the critically acclaimed, global box office phenomenon that started it all, “The LEGO® Movie 2: The Second Part” reunites the heroes of Bricksburg in an all new action-packed adventure to save their beloved city. It’s been five years since everything was awesome and the citizens are facing a huge new threat: LEGO DUPLO® invaders from outer space, wrecking everything faster than they can rebuild. The battle to defeat them and restore harmony to the LEGO universe will take Emmet, Lucy, Batman and their friends to faraway, unexplored worlds, including a strange galaxy where everything is a musical. It will test their courage, creativity and Master Building skills, and reveal just how special they really are.
- Reprising their starring roles from the first film are Chris Pratt as Emmet, Elizabeth Banks as Lucy (aka Wyldstyle), Will Arnett as LEGO Batman, Nick Offerman as Metal Beard, Alison Brie as Unikitty and Charlie Day as Benny. They are joined by Tiffany Haddish, Stephanie Beatriz, and Arturo Castro as, respectively, new characters Queen Watevra Wa’Nabi, Sweet Mayhem and Ice Cream Cone.
- “The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part” is directed by Mike Mitchell (“Shrek Ever After,” “Trolls,” “Sky High”). It is produced by Dan Lin, Phil Lord, Christopher Miller and Roy Lee, the team behind the LEGO film franchise since “The LEGO Movie” debuted in 2014. The screenplay is by Phil Lord & Christopher Miller and Matthew Fogel, story by Phil Lord & Christopher Miller, based on LEGO Construction Toys.
- The film opens nationwide in 2D and 3D on Friday, February 8, 2019. Warner Bros. Pictures and Warner Animation Group present, in association with LEGO System A/S, a Lin Pictures/Lord Miller/Vertigo Entertainment Production, “The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part,” distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
- Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
THE LEGO® MOVIE 2: The Second Part © & ™ DC Comics, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., & The LEGO Group. LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Minifigure and the Brick and Knob configurations are trademarks and/or copyrights of the LEGO Group. © 2019 The LEGO Group. BATMAN and all related characters and elements © & ™ DC Comics. All Rights Reserved. (s19).