Back to All Posts
THE BIGGER AND BETTER DUPLO® VALLEY IS NOW OPEN AT THE LEGOLAND® WINDSOR RESORT
- Saturday March 14th 2020
- DUPLO® Valley
- Press Office
The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort’s bigger and better DUPLO® Valley is now open to guests, following a magical makeover and the launch of the world’s first ever DUPLO rollercoaster, the DUPLO Dino Coaster*. The DUPLO Dino Coaster is the perfect first rollercoaster for littles ones. Inspired by a DUPLO Dinosaur, budding explorers will hop aboard a brightly coloured dinosaur carriage, before soaring past supersized DUPLO brick dinosaur models, 18 times bigger than if you were to build them at home!
Explorers of all ages (grown-ups too!) can embark on a voyage to discover everything the bigger and better DUPLO Valley has to offer. Children’s imaginations will be captured from start to finish, especially when they come face to face with 4 new giant DUPLO characters, including a 3-metre-tall dinosaur! The new DUPLO models took a team of twelve expert designers, more than two and a half months to create.
DUPLO Valley has welcomed new and updated attractions that can keep little ones entertained for hours, including the transformation of the ever-popular outdoor play area Brickville, into DUPLO® Playtown which now has a brand-new rocket play structure. Standing at an impressive 5.3 metres, aspiring astronauts can enjoy the interactive play panels, slides and more. Families can also take to the skies at the new look DUPLO Valley Airport with three new coloured helicopters for little pilots to choose from.
Last month, the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort also announced the arrival of DUPLO Valley’s official character, Dexter the Dog! Dexter will be on hand (or paw) to welcome guests as they explore the wonders of the pre-school paradise and provides the perfect photo opportunity in the colourful toddler wonderland.
At the popular DUPLO Puppet Theatre, there’s a brand-new show for families to watch throughout the day. The Frog Prince, tells the tale of Princess Money-Plenty who loses her golden ball in the depths of a murky pond; ruled by an Evil Toad, before she’s saved by the heroics of the theme parks very own secret agent - James Pond. The Frog Prince joins the puppet show line up alongside the much-loved Goldilocks and the Three Bears, retold with a modern and comedic LEGOLAND twist.
DUPLO Valley is also home to the Resort’s awesome outdoor water play areas; Splash Safari and Drench Towers and Raft Racers (reopening in the warmer months), alongside a host of family rides designed firmly with little ones in mind. From the gentle riverboat Fairy Tale Brook ride – where fairy tales from The Three Little Pigs and Sleeping Beauty come to life in over 4 million LEGO® bricks, to the DUPLO Express train ride.
Plus, for 2020 the much-loved Atlantis Submarine Voyage ride has a new look and name; LEGO® City Deep Sea Adventure. A new preshow invites young explorers to join the mission to discover a lost underwater city and hidden treasure, amongst real life sea creatures! Before venturing aboard, recruits will need to keep their eyes peeled for the LEGO sea turtles made up of 16,384 LEGO bricks, which took Model Makers a staggering 120 hours to build. Families can spot new supersized Minifigures from deep sea divers, to a Sea Captain. Watch out for the Diver, Europe’s first ever talking Minifigure, who comes bursting to life as guests pass by!
EXCLUSIVE ONLINE TICKET SALE
To celebrate the opening of DUPLO Valley, LEGOLAND have launched a sale on tickets with the chance to save up to 50% on the on-the-day price. Until 2 April 2020, tickets will be available for just £29 for guests to visit on any date during the LEGOLAND season, which ends on 1 November 2020. Families can find out more and book at www.legoland.co.uk
Plus children under 0.9 metres get FREE entry to the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort.
Families can book a LEGOLAND short break at the unique LEGOLAND Hotel and enjoy the bigger and better DUPLO Valley with stays from £99.25pp at www.legolandholidays.co.uk.
*children must be 0.9 metres or over to ride the DUPLO Dino Coaster.
If you have any questions or would like more information on the new Duplo Valley, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- **children must be 0.9metres or over to ride the DUPLO Dino Coaster.
- The LEGOLAND Windsor Resort opened 13 March until 1 November 2020 and is closed on selected midweek dates. Opening hours available at legoland.co.uk/planning-your-visit/park-hours/
- SALE DETAILS- Tickets are from £29pp when booked online 1+ days in advance at legoland.co.uk Full park terms and conditions can be found here.
- Children under 0.9 metres get free entry to the Resort.
- LEGOLAND Annual Passes from £59pp in the Annual Pass sale running until 23 March 2020 at legoland.co.uk/annualpasses
- Stays can be booked online at legolandholidays.co.uk
- LEGOLAND Castle Hotel - Premium themed family rooms (2 adults/ 2 children) available from £117pp. Includes breakfast, park tickets for two days and ride priority hour for select rides in the Resort. Plus special exclusive benefits including swim bags, LEGO gift and exclusive pop badges.
- LEGOLAND Hotel- Themed family rooms (2 adults/ 2 children) available from £99.25pp. Includes breakfast, park tickets for two days and ride priority hour for select rides in the Resort.
- LEGOLAND TODDLER AND ADULT PASS
- Toddler entry to the park accompanied by 1 adult. A Toddler is classed as under 0.9metres.
- Passes are £49 available at legoland.co.uk/tickets-and-passes/annual-passes/legoland-annual-passes/
- Passes are valid for use during off-peak dates – Monday to Friday in term time.
- Benefits include 10% off in shops, 20% off in restaurants, discounts on parking and special events
Ticket Sale Terms & Conditions
- This offer is exclusively available online.
- Offer valid from 10.00 Thursday 12 March 2020 to 23.59 Thursday 2April 2020.
- Tickets just £29 for visit on any date up to and including 1 November 2020.
- Tickets must be purchased from LEGOLAND.co.uk at least 1 day in advance.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- Full park terms and conditions can be found
NOTE TO EDITORS
- LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations, and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2020 The LEGO Group.
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO®bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- There are seven other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany, LEGOLAND® Dubai, LEGOLAND® Malaysia and LEGOLAND Japan. #
About Merlin Entertainments Limited
- Merlin Entertainments Limited is a global leader in location-based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 130 attractions, 19 hotels and 6 holiday villages in 25 countries and across 4 continents. Merlin’s purpose is to deliver memorable experiences to its 67 million guests around the world, through its iconic brands and multiple attraction formats, and the commitment and passion of its c.28,000 employees (peak season).
- See www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information and follow on Twitter @MerlinEntsNews.