Back to All Posts
Construction Starts On The UK’s First LEGO® Themed Holiday Village At The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort
- Wednesday March 15th 2023
Opening in Spring 2024, the £35 million LEGOLAND Woodland Village will feature 150 accommodation lodges in its Phase One development, attracting thousands of UK and international visitors to Windsor, who will be able to enjoy creating magical memories together as a family surrounded by nature.
The 10-acre site which is designed around the Resort’s woodland area and lake will also host enchanting nature trails complete with an amazing variety of animals built out of LEGO® bricks, a family entertainment space, an on-site restaurant, brick building activities and story time areas.
Divisional Director for LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, Helen Bull, who was accompanied by Merlin Entertainments COO, John Jakobsen, MP for Maidenhead, Theresa May, and Council Leader, Andrew Johnson, along with her trusted life size replica DUPLO® spade to celebrate work starting onsite, said:
“Breaking ground on LEGOLAND Woodland Village is a significant milestone in the history of one of the UK’s much loved family entertainment theme parks.
“Our vision to create the first LEGO themed Woodland village is an innovative way of demonstrating how LEGOLAND Windsor Resort will continue to meet the growing needs of our guests and will be a major economic boost for the local area providing high quality and sustainable tourism for the future.”
John Jakobsen, Chief Operating Officer for the LEGOLAND Resorts Group, said: “Today’s announcement for LEGOLAND Windsor acts as a blueprint for future accommodation sites, we may create in the other nine LEGOLAND Parks we have globally. Merlin Entertainments have a clear focus on moving to becoming a leader in our industry for carbon neutral location-based entertainment. We have been working actively to implement and maintain sustainability across our LEGOLAND® Parks, as well as our other hotels and attractions. We continue to review our working methods, procedures and purchasing, to enable us to establish our overall objective to help ‘build better’ and make the world a more awesome place for future generations.”
Cllr Andrew Johnson, Leader of the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead, said: “We are delighted that Merlin Entertainments has chosen to make this multi-million-pound investment here in the Royal Borough, made possible by the Council’s 2018 decision to approve these plans.
“Our recently adopted ‘Vision for Windsor’ is clear that world class attractions such as LEGOLAND Windsor Resort have an important role to play in drawing tourists to this corner of Berkshire. This additional visitor accommodation will enable families to stay longer locally, giving them time to enjoy much of what Windsor has to offer as a thriving and welcoming town. We recognise the significant benefits that this development will bring to the Royal Borough, not least in terms of the additional jobs and apprenticeships which will be made available for local people.”
The Woodland Village’s operational energy will be fossil fuel free once complete and this will be the first operationally carbon-neutral accommodation built by LEGOLAND owner Merlin Entertainments, across its global theme park operations. Merlin Entertainments and LEGOLAND Windsor will achieve this by working with The Carbon Trust on developing a robust carbon reduction plan, which will adopt low carbon technologies, energy efficiency and high-quality offsets.
LEGOLAND Windsor Resort continue to develop and invest, with the addition of new attractions for the 2023 season including LEGOLAND Ferrari Build and Race, and LEGOLAND Adventure Golf.
For more information on LEGOLAND Woodland Village, visit www.legoland.co.uk/woodlandvillage
For more information about LEGOLAND Adventure Golf, visit www.legoland.co.uk/adventuregolf
If you have any questions or would like more information about the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, please email@example.com
NOTE TO EDITORS
- LEGOLAND Woodland Village opens Spring 2024 at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort
- It will feature 150 LEGO themed lodges, an entertainment hub, woodland trail, a restaurant, brick building activities and story areas
- Prices will start from £249 for a family room (2 adults/2 children) including breakfast, park tickets for one day entry.
- Find out more and book on this link: Find out more at www.legoland.co.uk/woodlandvillage
NOTE TO EDITORS
- LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations, the Minifigure, DUPLO and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2023 The LEGO Group.
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies, and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO® bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- There are nine other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany, LEGOLAND® Dubai, LEGOLAND® Malaysia, LEGOLAND® Korea, LEGOLAND® New York and LEGOLAND® Japan.
About Merlin Entertainments Limited
- Merlin Entertainments is a global leader in location-based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin operates over 140 attractions, 23 hotels and 6 holiday villages in 25 countries and across 4 continents. Merlin’s purpose is to deliver memorable experiences to its millions of guests around the world, through its iconic brands and multiple attraction formats, and the commitment and passion of its employees.
- See www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information and follow-on Twitter @MerlinEntsNews