Back to All Posts
The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort To Open Epic New Land In 2021
- Friday October 30th 2020
- Press Office
- 2021, LEGO® MYTHICA
The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort has today revealed it will open a multi-million-pound new land where mythical LEGO® creatures come to life.
Opening in spring 2021, LEGO MYTHICA: World of Mythical Creatures will feature thrilling new attractions and experiences, including a never-before-seen UK ride.
Created for kids by kids, the parallel universe of LEGO MYTHICA marks the Resort’s single biggest investment since the gates opened 25 years ago and will see children’s imaginations and creativity run wild as mythical LEGO creatures come to life in front of their very eyes.
Unveiling the name in a video shared across LEGOLAND Windsor’s social media channels, the latest tease reveals a mythical portal to another world opening for the first time. In a hint to the creatures that families may find in this parallel universe, huge footprints shake the Resort, a winged shadow flies overhead and the 30 second film ends with an ice storm engulfing LEGOLAND Windsor’s iconic entrance.
Working in partnership with Kids Industries, the LEGOLAND Windsor team behind the new land spent a year discussing and testing ideas and concepts with seven to 11-year olds and their parents who influenced everything from the final ride experiences, names and characters.
Thomas Jellum, Divisional Director at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, said: “What better way to celebrate our 25th birthday than by unveiling a completely unique experience like nothing else we have launched at the Resort since we opened. At the heart of LEGO MYTHICA: World of Mythical Creatures will be epic rides, including a UK first, and breath-taking mythical creatures designed to capture children’s imaginations and inspire them to build and play.
“Our new land has been two years in the making and co-created with families to make sure it delivers what children and their parents want from a theme park in 2021. We can’t wait to share more details soon.”
LEGO MYTHICA World of Mythical Creatures is currently under construction at the Resort and is set to open in spring 2021. The new land will be found between Heartlake City and the Resort’s LEGO-themed Hotels.
For more details and to book tickets to the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, visit www.legoland.co.uk/mythica
For further information, please contact the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort press office on (+44) 01753 626106 or email@example.com.
Alternatively, contact Liam McNamara from Stripe Communications on (+44) 07946 328708 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE TO EDITORS
- LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations, and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2020 The LEGO Group.
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO®bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- There are seven other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany, LEGOLAND® Dubai, LEGOLAND® Malaysia and LEGOLAND Japan.
About Merlin Entertainments Limited
- Merlin Entertainments Limited is a global leader in location-based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 130 attractions, 19 hotels and 6 holiday villages in 25 countries and across 4 continents. Merlin’s purpose is to deliver memorable experiences to its 67 million guests around the world, through its iconic brands and multiple attraction formats, and the commitment and passion of its c.28,000 employees (peak season).
- See www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information and follow on Twitter @MerlinEntsNews.