Back to All Posts
THE LEGOLAND® WINDSOR RESORT ADDS MINIATURE LEGO® GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL TO THE MINILAND LINE-UP
- Monday June 24th 2019
- Press Office
24 June 2019: Ahead of the main event kicking off this Wednesday, the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort has today unveiled its LEGO® recreation of Glastonbury Festival in its world famous Miniland attraction - complete with LEGO figures of this year’s 2019 headline acts; Stormzy, The Killers and The Cure.
The Resort’s talented Model Making team have created 10cm high LEGO creations of superstar headliners, Stormzy, Brandon Flowers from The Killers and Robert Smith from The Cure all performing on the famous Pyramid Stage. Guests can even take a peek backstage to spot LEGO Kylie, Liam Gallagher and Miley Cyrus hanging out in the VIP area. Plus all the festival essentials you would expect to see at Worthy Farm, from miniature portaloos, tents, mud sliding festival-goers and even a tiny recreation of the famous giant Glastonbury letters. The scene is made up of around 9,872 LEGO bricks with 5,400 used to create the 50cm high Pyramid Stage.
Paula Laughton, Head Model Maker at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, commented: “We’ve had so much fun building the headliners and some of the stars in this year’s Glastonbury line-up. It’s great to get creative with models of music legends – pint-sized pop princess Kylie is made up of just 36 LEGO bricks! The festival is synonymous with British summertime and we love it when we can update Miniland with iconic events for our guests to spot when they visit us.”
Guests to the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort can see the new Glastonbury Festival Miniland scene on display until the end of the summer. Families planning to visit to see the miniature Glastonbury Festival can ‘Make it a Monster Summer’ with monster savings on all day tickets. Until 1 July 2019, guests can save 40% on tickets booked online, in the Monster Summer Sale. Day tickets are from just £28 to visit the Resort, on any date until 2 November 2019*. For visits during the school summer holidays, day tickets can be purchased online for just £36*.
New for 2019 at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, there’s a fang-tastic time to be had at the brand new, The Haunted House Monster Party ride. Fun for the whole family, Lord Vampyre is going to turn the house upside down! Fans can discover The LEGO® MOVIE™ 2 Experience, and explore a movie set from “The LEGO® MOVIE™ 2” made out of LEGO bricks. Plus guests can see LEGO City come to life in a new 4D movie; ‘LEGO® City 4D - Officer in Pursuit!’ complete with special effects including smoke, fire and water!
- Tickets from £29 on selected dates, when booked online in advance
- Under 3’s get free entry.
- Book here: legoland.co.uk
Monster Summer Sale Terms and Conditions
- *The Monster Summer Sale is exclusively available online now and ends Monday 1 July at 23:59.
- 40% off on the day gate prices with online tickets FROM £28 when booked online 1 day in advance for visit on any date until 2nd November 2019.
- The discount applies to the admission ticket element only of any combination tickets - there is no discount on the Food & Beverage element of the All Inclusive Ticket.
- *Tickets must be purchased from LEGOLAND.co.uk at least 1 day in advance.
- All-inclusive day tickets FROM £41 when booked online 1 day in advance for visit on any date until 2 November 2019.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- Excludes the LEGOLAND at Christmas event.
- Full Park Terms and conditions apply see legoland.co.uk/tickets-and-passes/terms-and-conditions/park/
Samantha Bentley-Paul / LEGOLAND Windsor Resort
Samantha.email@example.com / 01753 626251
NOTE TO EDITORS
- LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations, and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2019 The LEGO Group.
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO®bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- There are seven other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany, LEGOLAND® Dubai, LEGOLAND® Malaysia and LEGOLAND Japan.
About The LEGO® MOVIE 2: The Second Part
The much-anticipated sequel to the critically acclaimed, global box office phenomenon that started it all, “The LEGO® Movie 2: The Second Part” reunites the heroes of Bricksburg in an all new action-packed adventure to save their beloved city. It’s been five years since everything was awesome and the citizens are facing a huge new threat: LEGO DUPLO® invaders from outer space, wrecking everything faster than they can rebuild. The battle to defeat them and restore harmony to the LEGO universe will take Emmet, Lucy, Batman and their friends to faraway, unexplored worlds, including a strange galaxy where everything is a musical. It will test their courage, creativity and Master Building skills, and reveal just how special they really are.
Reprising their starring roles from the first film are Chris Pratt as Emmet, Elizabeth Banks as Lucy (aka Wyldstyle), Will Arnett as LEGO Batman, Nick Offerman as Metal Beard, Alison Brie as Unikitty and Charlie Day as Benny. They are joined by Tiffany Haddish, Stephanie Beatriz, and Arturo Castro as, respectively, new characters Queen Watevra Wa’Nabi, Sweet Mayhem and Ice Cream Cone.
“The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part” is directed by Mike Mitchell (“Shrek Ever After,” “Trolls,” “Sky High”). It is produced by Dan Lin, Phil Lord, Christopher Miller and Roy Lee, the team behind the LEGO film franchise since “The LEGO Movie” debuted in 2014. The screenplay is by Phil Lord & Christopher Miller and Matthew Fogel, story by Phil Lord & Christopher Miller, based on LEGO Construction Toys.
The film opens nationwide in 2D and 3D on Friday, February 8, 2019. Warner Bros. Pictures and Warner Animation Group present, in association with LEGO System A/S, a Lin Pictures/Lord Miller/Vertigo Entertainment Production, “The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part,” distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
About Merlin Entertainments PLC
- Merlin Entertainments plc is a global leader in location-based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 130 attractions, 19 hotels and 6 holiday villages in 25 countries and across 4 continents. Merlin’s purpose is to deliver memorable experiences to its 67 million guests around the world, through its iconic brands and multiple attraction formats, and the commitment and passion of its c.28,000 employees (peak season).
- See merlinentertainments.biz for more information and follow on Twitter @MerlinEntsNews.
THE LEGO® MOVIE 2: The Second Part © & ™ DC Comics, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., & The LEGO Group. LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Minifigure and the Brick and Knob configurations are trademarks and/or copyrights of the LEGO Group. © 2019 The LEGO Group. BATMAN and all related characters and elements © & ™ DC Comics. All Rights Reserved. (s19).