Back to All Posts
THE LEGOLAND® WINDSOR RESORT JOINS THE LIONS OF WINDSOR PRIDE
- Monday June 17th 2019
- Local News
- Press Office
17 June 2019. This summer, Lions of Windsor Sculpture Trail will see a pride of lions transformed by world leading artists and displayed in public spaces across the Royal Borough. The magnificent public art trail will celebrate the 200th anniversary of the birth of Queen Victoria and raise funds for local charities. The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort has announced it will join the Lions of Windsor pride with a LEGOLAND themed lion, designed and painted by award winning designer and children’s author/ illustrator Lisa Stickley.
The first Gold Sponsor of the Lions of Windsor Sculpture Trail, the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort’s, life-size fibreglass lion will bring to life the colour, fun and iconic rides and attractions of the Windsor theme park. As part of their sponsorship, the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort will also donate a lion cub to their charity partner Alexander Devine Children’s Hospice Service, to design and display on the trail.
Lauren Walton, Head of PR at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort said; “The LEGOLAND Windsor Resort is delighted to be a main sponsor of Lions of Windsor 2019. Our local community is incredibly important to us and we’re really looking forward to Windsor residents, visitors and tourists spotting our LEGOLAND lion in the heart of the town.”
“We’re so excited to be working with the hugely talented children’s illustrator Lisa Stickley to bring our LEGOLAND lion to life – there will be lots for little ones to discover and we’ve made sure it captures the most loved and iconic LEGO models and attractions at the Resort.”
Lisa Stickley, designer and author-illustrator said “I am overjoyed to be working with the team at LEGOLAND to create a distinctive and engaging LEGO inspired lion, which will hopefully reflect the excitement and delight children feel when spending a day (or two) at the iconic park. The Lion’s of Windsor concept is such a wonderful thing. It’s great to be giving something back, and providing some fun for all of the local families and visitors to Windsor this summer.”
Lisa Todd, Lions of Windsor, Creative Director, says, “We are delighted that the unique family theme park, the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, is the first Lions of Windsor 2019 gold sponsor. Their lion is being designed by children’s illustrator, Lisa Stickley, who will create a truly magnificent beast, which will take its place on the Sculpture Trail, amongst a pride of lions, transformed by some of the world’s leading artists and designers.”
The LEGOLAND lion will be on display in the heart of Windsor, as part of the Lions of Windsor Sculpture Trail for three months, from World Lion Day on 10 August 2019. Eye-catching lion sculptures are still available for sponsorship by businesses and organisations and lion cubs are available for schools to decorate. For further details visit www.lionsofwindsor.org
- ENDS -
About the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort
- LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations, and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2019 The LEGO Group.
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO®bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- There are seven other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany, LEGOLAND® Dubai and LEGOLAND® Malaysia and LEGOLAND Japan
- Find out more: legoland.co.uk / Twitter & Instagram: @LEGOLANDWindsor
- For more contact email@example.com
About Merlin Entertainments plc
- Merlin Entertainments plc is a global leader in location-based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 130 attractions, 19 hotels and 6 holiday villages in 25 countries and across 4 continents. Merlin’s purpose is to deliver memorable experiences to its 67 million guests around the world, through its iconic brands and multiple attraction formats, and the commitment and passion of its c.28,000 employees (peak season). See merlinentertainments.biz for more information and follow on Twitter @MerlinEntsNews
About Lisa Stickley
- Lisa Stickley is an award winning designer, author and illustrator who started out life as a printed textile designer, training at Central Saint Martins and The Royal College of Art.
- Passionate about designing and creating, Lisa originally founded Lisa Stickley in 1999 selling product and working in collaboration with the likes of Liberty, Tate, Burberry, Boots and Hankyu & Isetan in Japan.
- Her first two children’s books, Handstand and My New Room, have been published by Pavilion Books.
About the Sculpture Trail
- Lion Trail maps will guide visitors on a voyage of discovery around the Royal Borough's historic streets, venues, shopping centres, heritage landmarks, independent shops, museums and local attractions to view the eye-catching, supersized lions, designed by some of the world’s leading artists and designers.
- After three months of delighting lion fans of all ages, the giant pride will be auctioned in November.
- 100% of event profits will be donated to charities including the Thames Hospice, Look Good Feel Better, The Lions Club of Windsor and the wildlife charity Tusk.
- The event is being organised by:
- Event Director - Megan Witty, who has produced a wide range of public art events and charity projects, including last year's 'Owls of Bath' sculpture trail.
- Creative Director - Internationally acclaimed award-winning artist and designer Lisa Todd who lives and works in Windsor. Lisa won Elle Decoration Print and Pattern Designer of the Year 2016
- For further event details please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website lionsofwindsor.org Twitter/IG/FB - @lionsofwindsor #lionsofwindsor
2019 Event Timeline
10 August – 27 October - (The event starts on World Lion Day - 10th August)
- Lions of Windsor 2019 sculpture trail - Individually decorated lions and cubs on public display across the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead.
- Lions Roar Goodbye auction preview weekend. The giant pride displayed in one location for lion fans
to say their final farewells
- Charity Auction in Windsor
- 100% of event profits distributed to local charities
For more information on Lions of Windsor 2019, to arrange interviews or to request images please contact:
For more information on the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, please contact:
Head of PR