Mini Golf Master Competition
No purchase necessary
1.1 The promoter of this competition is Merlin Attractions Operations Ltd trading as LEGOLAND ® Windsor Resort (the "Promoter").
2 The Competition
2.1 The competition is to design or build a mini golf course to win the chance to play the first round of golf in LEGOLAND Adventure Golf.
2.2 The competition will run from 11:00 am GMT on 11 September 2023 to 11:59 pm GMT on 18 September 2023 (the "Closing Date"). The winner will be notified by email by 06:00 pm GMT on 19 September 2023.
3.1 To be eligible to enter the competition, entrants must obtain permission from their parent or legal guardian and must be aged between 2 and 16 on the date of entry. Entrants must also be resident in the UK and must not be employees of or immediate families of LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, the LEGO Group, Merlin Entertainments Group, their agents or anyone professionally connected to this competition ("Eligible Entrants").
3.2 Entrants and the entrants’ parents or legal guardians must be available to attend the LEGOLAND Adventure Golf between 29 September and 7 October 2023 in the event that their entry is selected as the winner. Upon a winner being selected, they will be required to confirm that they are able to attend between 29 September and 7 October 2023.
3.3 It will be the responsibility of the entrant’s parent or legal guardian to ensure that the entry does not contain or reference trademarks, logos or designs owned by others.
3.4 Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promotor believes have been made via participation in a syndicate or use any robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry method will be disqualified.
3.5 Any entry that, in the sole opinion of the Promoter, is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible. Incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified.
4 How to Enter
4.1 In order to enter the competition, Eligible Entrants can enter by visiting www.LEGOLAND.co.uk/adventure-golf (the "Website"), following the instructions to complete the registration form and uploading an image (photograph, drawing or digital rendering) of their mini golf course design.
4.2 The image submitted must be an original design and be a mini golf course.
4.3 Entries submitted as JPEG images must not exceed 20MB in size.
4.4 Entrants must submit their entries under the supervision of a parent or guardian to ensure that they have followed the correct online procedure for submitting their entry and provided all the required information.
4.5 All entries must be received by the Promotor before the Closing Date. All entries received after the Closing Date will be automatically disqualified. The Promotor will not accept responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware of software failure of any kind.
5 The winning entry will be judged and determined by a panel of judges based on (a) creativity/originality, (b) perceived public appeal, and (c) functionality of the course design (the "Judging Criteria").
5.1 By entering this competition, the entrant and the entrant’s parent/legal guardian agree that, in the event that the entrant is the winner of the competition, the Promoter and its parent company may use the entrant’s name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes. It is further agreed that the entrant will participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
6 The Promoter will send the full names of the judges to Eligible Entrants (or their parents or legal guardians) who write within one calendar month after the Closing Date of the Competition requesting details of the judges, and who enclosed a self-addressed envelope to FAO LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort Marketing, The Mansion, LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort, Winkfield Road, Windsor, SL4 4AY.
6.1 The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize within 7 days of the announcement date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the entrant whose entry received the next highest number of votes.
6.2 Entries are limited to one entry per person.
7 The Prize
7.1 One prize will be awarded. The prize will be for the winning entrant and their immediate family to play the first round of golf in LEGOLAND Adventure Golf. The prize will also include day entry into the theme park for up to 2 adults and 2 children, which are subject to LEGOLAND Windsor Resort’s entry terms and conditions available https://www.legoland.co.uk/security-privacy-legal/terms-conditions/par. Travel, food and incidental expenses will not be covered by LEGOLAND Windsor Resort.
7.2 There is no cash alternative for the prize and the prize is not negotiable or transferable.
8.1 All entries submitted become the property of LEGOLAND Windsor Resort and will not be returned.
8.2 All entries are subject to approval by the Promoter. In particular, the Promoter will reject entries which are offensive, abusive, misleading, unethical, discriminating or defaming in nature.
8.3 By submitting an entry, the entrant and entrant’s parent/legal guardian are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. Entries must be the sole work of the entrant. Any plagiarised entry, or entry that is not the sole work of the entrant be disqualified. Entries must not have been published or received any prize or reward.
8.4 Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its parent company, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promotor, its parent company, its agents or distributors or that of their employees.
8.5 All competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned. By submitting an entry and any accompanying material, the entrant and entrant’s parent/legal guardian agree to assign to the Promoter all intellectual property rights and waive all moral rights in the entrant’s competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with the entrant’s entry to which the entrant or entrant’s parent/legal guardian may now or any time in the future be entitled.
8.6 By entering, the entrant and entrant’s parent/legal guardian acknowledge that the entry may be posted on the Promotor’s website and on social media, but the Promotor is not obliged to use, post or display any entry submitted. LEGOLAND Windsor Resort shall have full right and power to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, alter, combine with other material, refuse and adapt any or all proportions of entries in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media.
8.7 If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify the entrant from participating in the competition.
9 In the event of circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to void, suspend or cancel the competition where it becomes necessary to do so, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect on entrants to avoid undue disappointment.
10.1 The Promotor reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time on giving notice via www.legoland.co.uk/explore/adventure-golf/mini-golf-masters/
10.2 These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and entrants agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Halloween Family Short Break Competition - Terms & Conditions
Win a family short break to the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort for up to 2 adults and 3 children (0-15).
- One night Bed & Breakfast in a Premium Room at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Hotel.
- Two-day entrance tickets to The LEGOLAND Windsor Resort.
- VIP Ghoulish Getaway Experience is at 8pm on Saturday 7th October 2023.
- Prize must be used on Saturday 7th October 2023 and is not transferable to any other date.
- Food and drink (other than breakfast), transport, insurance and parking are not included in the prize.
- Prize draw is open from Tuesday 8th August 2023 until Monday 14th August 2023 (midnight)
- All entries must be submitted via the submit form available via Facebook by 23:59:59 on 14th August 2023
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. You agree that Facebook shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this Promotion.
- One winner from qualifying entries will be picked at random from all eligible entries by a computer process.
- Winner will be contacted via email by Friday 25th August 2023 and will need to reply to the correspondence so that the prize can be fulfilled. No response within 7 days will forfeit the prize.
LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Competition Terms & Conditions – applicable to all competitions
- Promoter: Holiday Extras operating on behalf of LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, Winkfield Road, Windsor, SL4 4AY.
- The Competition is open to UK residents aged 18+ years old, except employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies or anyone professionally connected with the administration of the prize draw.
- All entries must be submitted before the competition’s specified Close Date.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault [technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure] of any kind.
- In entering the Competition, the participant confirms that they eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize they may win. The promoter may require entrant to provide proof that they are eligible to enter. Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- Any entry which is incomplete, illegible, forged or late will be deemed invalid in the sole discretion of the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by computer or completed in bulk, will not be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with these terms and conditions.
- If the Promoter considers that there has been a breach of these rules by an entrant, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, exclude such entrant from participating in the competition.
- There is no cash or alternative to the competition prize stated and the prize is non-transferable to alternative date or another individual. Sale of prizes for profit is prohibited.
- The promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered in to. The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed their prize within the timeframe referred to above, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- The prize draw winners will be drawn by a computerised system producing random results from entries received in accordance with these terms and conditions, within 7 working days of the closing date and winners will be notified within 7 days thereafter via email to the email address submitted with their entry.
- Prizes are subject availability and to LEGOLAND Windsor Resort’s normal terms and conditions of entry which can be found on the official website. In the event of a prize being unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion, offer or reward.
- The winners and their companions are responsible for any expenses which may be incurred by the winners in claiming any prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any winners or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Statutory rights are not affected.
- If you are the winner of the prize draw, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, address and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- Holiday Extras, operating on behalf of the Merlin Entertainments Group, would like to use your personal data (including your contact information, device data, and purchase data) to keep in touch with personalised email and SMS updates about the amazing offers and later news LEGOLAND Holidays have available. To stop receiving direct marketing emails from us, you just need to click the link at the bottom of our emails.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.