Ride Access Pass
How it works
For clarity, the Ride Access Pass places guests in a ‘virtual queue’ – they do not allow immediate and unrestricted access to rides. The Ride Access Pass operates as an online virtual queuing system on a smartphone. Guests simply select the ride they wish to go on and make their way straight to the ride using the Ride Access Pass entrance where a member of team will scan the QR code generated by the phone. While guests enjoy the ride, the QR code triggers a countdown clock which is the same wait time as the standard queue time of that ride at that current moment. Once the countdown clock reaches zero, guests can select the next ride to head to.
Please note, given the number of people entitled to Ride Access Passes, you may still have to wait, and other queues (e.g., Reserve & Ride) may move more quickly. We cannot control this, nor can we allow more than one non-ambulant disabled guest on a ride at a time due to our emergency procedures.
You now only need to register once for a Ride Access Pass and if accepted your reference number will be accepted at LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, Thorpe Park Resort, Chessington World of Adventures Resort and Alton Towers Resort for 2 years.
With this in mind, please apply for the attraction that you plan to visit first, to ensure the team are able to finalise your application on your visit. Once accepted you will be directed to create an ID card via the chosen attraction's website that will be available for collection on your first visit.
To ensure our Ride Access Pass system remains beneficial for those who rely on it our Guest Services team must see certain documentation before they are able to arrange it.
We will accept the following documentation as proof of eligibility:
- Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance award letter (dated within the last 24 months) showing that you receive the higher rate mobility component.
- Personal Independence Payment letter (dated within the last 24 months) showing that you receive enhanced mobility component.
- A current and valid Blue Badge.
- A current and valid Access Card including the queueing logo on it. These cards are available here.
If you believe you are unable to stand in a queue line for any other reason, we are happy to arrange a Ride Access Pass upon presentation of a letter from a professional body (e.g. a Nurse or a BUPA Healthcare Advisor) or your GP or Consultant on header paper (dated within the last 24 months) which clearly states that you are unable to queue and why (we do not need a letter of diagnosis). This, or any of the documentation above, must be presented alongside valid photographic ID for the named recipient.
Our Guest Services team will do everything possible to ensure that your visit is as comfortable as possible. However, we are not in a position to assess individuals’ abilities so we must insist that the letter from a medical professional state that you are unable to queue and why, rather than simply confirming your condition.
Ride Access Passes are not automatically offered to guests who have a hearing or visual impairment unless they are in receipt of the higher rate DLA, enhanced PIP or they have a letter from their consultant. However, these guests should still ensure that they go to Guest Services so they can meet with the team to identify their needs and offer them full support, particularly in the case of an assisted exit or unusual circumstance.
In the event of ride stoppage a routine assisted exit may be required. Please kindly be advised that depending on where the ride has paused, our dedicated team may have to use moving and handling aids and equipment to assist with helping you safely and easily exit the ride vehicle.
Guests using the Ride Access Pass are required to have a minimum of one carer with them at all times, including on the rides, who must be able to assist the guest using the Ride Access Pass with loading and offloading (including their transfer to/from a wheelchair if necessary). Our ride hosts will give full instructions but they are unable to help with any lifting. For guests who are unable to walk unaided, at least one carer
over the age of 14 may be required to assist with ride download procedures. On occasions we can allow up to three carers to ride with the disabled guest.
There are several rides and attractions where the age of a carer may be below the age of 14. This will be on some of our rides and attractions that are at ground level and are designed for our younger visitors. It is recommended that a carer over the age of 14 remains within close proximity to the ride or attraction.
Carers must also be able to communicate any safety restrictions and messages, and assist with any assisted exits or unusual circumstances, which may involve the lifting and transfer of the disabled guest from the ride carriage into an evacuation chair at high level. Please ensure that you are comfortable with any potential evacuation before deciding to ride. You can always speak to staff at the Guest Services or at the ride.
Carers will not be issued with a ride access card, but we ask that they are present at Guest Services with the disabled guest when their Ride Access Pass is issued.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Ride Access Pass is a virtual queuing system designed to make reasonable adjustments to assist guests who have a physical disability or medical condition that prevents them standing for extended periods of time, permanently non-ambulant guests and guests who do not understand the concept of queuing.
The Ride Access Pass operates as an online virtual queuing system on a smartphone. Guests simply select the ride they wish to go on and make their way straight to the ride using the Ride Access Pass entrance where a member of team will scan the QR code generated by the phone. While guests enjoy the ride, the QR code triggers a countdown clock which is the same wait time as the standard queue time of that ride at that current moment. Once the countdown clock reaches zero, guests can select the next ride to head to.
We understand that guests may not be able to queue in a physical queue line for a number of reasons and because of this we offer two different Ride Access Pass types:
- Red Ride Access Pass – for guests who require a Ride Access Pass due to cognitive conditions or who require assistance boarding or evacuating rides or attractions due to any mobility requirements. Those with a Red Ride Access Pass must be accompanied by a personal assistant / carer who should be able to assist them with boarding a ride or attraction and aid them in the event of an evacuation.
- Yellow Ride Access Pass – for guests who do not require the assistance of a personal assistants / carers to board or evacuate rides but due to a medical condition are unable to wait in a physical queue line.
The colour of Ride Access Pass is determined through the application process and will be printed on the Ride Access Pass ID card.
Up to three people can accompany a guest using a Ride Access Pass on a ride, including a personal assistant / carer where required.
Should you wish to discuss your family’s needs in advance of your visit, please contact us via enquiries@LEGOLAND.co.uk with details about your party and our Accessibility Experience Team would be happy to help.
Yes, the Ride Access Pass can be used on all rides which have a queuing system at LEGOLAND Windsor with the exception of:
- Drench Towers and Splash Safari when ‘Timed Play’ is in session or when a pre-book system is in operation. More information on the operation of Drench Towers and Splash Safari will be available in advance of the attraction opening in Summer 2021.
- The Flight of the Sky Lion will be available to all guests using the Ride Access Pass system from the 29th May 2021. In anticipation of this attraction being popular, guests wishing to expire the Flight of the sky lion must book a timeslot released on the day of their visit on the Ride Access Pass website. Timeslots are allocated on a first come first served basis and are released hourly, so book early to avoid disappointment.
Should you require any further information regarding how the Ride Access Pass will operate on Flight of the Sky Lion, we encourage you to contact our Ride Access Pass Team before your visit our contact form here so that we can ensure your day is as smooth as possible.
Once you have received confirmation of your Ride Access Pass application, please go to the Ride Access Pass Hub which is located on the left once you’ve gone through the ticket gates at The Beginning. Please be ready to give your Ride Access Pass order number and the team will print your Ride Access Pass ID card.
The Ride Access Pass operates online, via a Wi-Fi enabled mobile device such as a smart phone. If you do not have access to a suitable device for your visit, our team at the Ride Access Pass Hub would be more than happy to help you with a solution for this. We strongly recommend you connect your mobile device to the free LEGOLAND Windsor Wi-Fi to use throughout your visit. The virtual Ride Access Pass queuing system operates via rideaccesspass.co.uk. You will be able to login to your Ride Access Pass account using the email address you processed your Ride Access Pass order under.
Once logged in, you will be able to activate your session by pressing ‘Ride Access Pass’ at the top of your screen.
Your Ride Access Pass will then be activated, and you will be shown the following steps to allow you to queue virtually for the duration of your visit.
- Step One: Select the ride you wish to use using the Ride Access Pass.
- Step Two: A QR code will then appear. Head straight to the ride where a member of the team will scan your mobile device and show you to the ride.
- Step Three: Once you have enjoyed the ride, a countdown will appear to show the time to wait until your next ride reservation becomes available. This wait time will be the same as the current wait time
- Step Four: Once the countdown reaches 00:00, you can then select your next ride on the Ride Access Pass.
On your following visits, you are able to simply login to your Ride Access Pass account yourself, via rideaccesspass.co.uk, and activate your Ride Access Pass to use alongside your Ride Access Pass ID card.
Guests who have been issued with a Red Ride Access Pass will need to be accompanied by a personal assistant / carer who should be able to assist them with visiting a ride or attraction, including being able to communicate any safety restrictions and messages, and assist with any assisted exits or unusual circumstances, which may involve the lifting and transfer of the disabled guest from the ride carriage into an evacuation chair at high level. Upon registering for your Ride Access Pass, the team will confirm via email which colour Ride Access Pass you will be issued.
With a Red Ride Access Pass, both the Ride Access Pass user and their personal assistants / carers must fulfil the ride restrictions of any given attraction to ride.
Personal assistants / carers must by 14 years old or over and must be able to support the person they are caring for with the following (but not limited to):
- Follow the boarding instructions given by the staff running the attraction
- Staying with the disabled guest on the attraction
- Assisting with transfers, boarding and alighting attractions
- Following staff instructions in the event of an evacuation
- Passing on any messages and safety instructions, both written and verbal, given by LEGOLAND®
The following rides do not require the personal assistants / carers to ride with the person they are caring for:
- Desert Chase
- Thunder Blazer
- Driving School
Should you require any further information about the boarding, off-loading or evacuation processes on any of our rides before you visit, we encourage you to contact our Accessibility Experience Team at least two weeks before your visit our contact form here so that we can ensure your day is as smooth as possible.
If you need to speak to a member of staff on the day of your visit, our teams at the Ride Access Pass Hub in the Beginning, The Sensory Space in Heartlake City, or at any of our rides or attractions, would be happy to help.