Back to All Posts
LEGOLAND® Windsor Launches Colossal Design Competition for Children to Win Life-Sized LEGO® Model
- Wednesday December 16th 2020
- Press Office
- LEGO® MYTHICA
16 December 2020: The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort has launched a competition for one lucky child to have their creation transformed into a six-foot tall model made entirely from LEGO® bricks.
To celebrate the launch of the Resort’s multi-million-pound new land LEGO® MYTHICA: World of Mythical Creatures arriving in spring 2021, the Model Maker team is on the lookout for creative kids to design their own mythical creature as part of its ‘Create a Creature’ competition.
The lucky winner will see their work be brought to life by expert LEGO® builders and then placed in the heart of LEGO® MYTHICA for thousands to see.
It is the first time a model designed by the general public has been built on this scale for a new land in the Park.
The winner will be invited to the grand unveiling of their mythical creature in summer 2021 and get the chance to complete the build by placing the final LEGO brick into position.
They will also win premium LEGOLAND Annual Passes for their whole family, an overnight stay at one of the Resort’s Hotels and a LEGO goodie bag to help inspire their next builds.
There are four runner-up prizes up for grabs including family tickets to the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort and LEGO goodie bags.
Paula Laughton, chief Model Maker at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, said: “This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to create something truly epic. I think it is every kids’ dream to have their idea transformed into a life size LEGO model and with Christmas around the corner, this is the perfect activity to get the whole family involved.
“LEGO MYTHICA has imagination at its very core so try to be creative and unique. My advice to any budding designers would be work out your creature’s frame first and then move on to the decoration and finer details. The team here cannot wait to view your designs and see what you create.”
The parallel universe of LEGO MYTHICA, set to open in spring 2021, marks the Resort’s single biggest investment since the gates opened 25 years ago and will see children’s imaginations and creativity run wild as mythical LEGO creatures come to life in front of their very eyes.
To enter the competition, kids aged between 2-16 need to submit a photo of LEGO creation or drawing of their model to the ‘Create a Creature’ competition page on the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort website.
Entries close at midnight on 31 January 2021. A judging panel will then shortlist the three best designs and the voting then opens for the public to choose their favourite mythical creature.
Voting will take place between 8 February 2021 and 21 February 2021 with the winner announced before 26 February 2021.
For more information, please visit www.LEGOLAND.co.uk/Create.
For further information, please contact the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort press office via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, contact Liam McNamara from Stripe Communications on (+44) 07946 328708 or email@example.com
NOTE TO EDITORS
About the competition
- The competition will run from 00:01 GMT on 1st December 2020 until 23:59 GMT on 31st January 2021. Voting will take place from 00:01 GMT on 8th February 2021 until 23:59 GMT on 21st February 2021. The winner of the competition will be notified by email on or before 26th February 2021.
- To be eligible to enter the competition, entrants must obtain permission from their parent or legal guardian and must be aged between 2 and 16 on the date of entry. Entrants must also be residents in the UK.
- Full terms and conditions can be found here.
- LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations, and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2020 The LEGO Group.
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO®bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- There are seven other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany, LEGOLAND® Dubai, LEGOLAND® Malaysia and LEGOLAND Japan.
About Merlin Entertainments Limited
- Merlin Entertainments Limited is a global leader in location-based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 130 attractions, 19 hotels and 6 holiday villages in 25 countries and across 4 continents. Merlin’s purpose is to deliver memorable experiences to its 67 million guests around the world, through its iconic brands and multiple attraction formats, and the commitment and passion of its c.28,000 employees (peak season).
- See merlinentertainments.biz for more information and follow on Twitter @MerlinEntsNews