Back to All Posts
THE LEGOLAND® WINDSOR RESORT UNVEILS NEW MINILAND ATTRACTION TO SAY THANK YOU TO THE NATION’S KEY WORKERS
- Saturday July 4th 2020
- Press Office
The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort has dedicated part of its Miniland attraction to the heroes of lockdown.
The new scene, created by the LEGOLAND Model Maker team, features more than 50 handcrafted LEGO® creations of key workers and influential figures from the past three months.
Miniature NHS staff members, including doctors, nurses, cleaners and carers are surrounded by members of the public clapping to remember how the nation came together every Thursday for the weekly ‘Clap for our Carers’.
Also featuring in the new exhibit is Captain Tom Moore, complete with a mini walker made up of tiny LEGO bricks. The soon-to-be knight is flanked by miniature teachers, postmen and the unforgettable dancing refuse collectors who become an internet sensation as they joined households up and down the country trying to learn TikTok dances.
Lunging his way into Miniland is fitness guru Joe Wicks who kept the country active throughout lockdown with his virtual PE classes.
Across the backdrop is a giant rainbow made completely from LEGO bricks, the symbol of hope throughout lockdown.
More than 5,000 LEGO bricks were used to create the scene. Will Saunders, who designed and created the new attraction spent over 40 hours to ensure the project was ready for reopening.
Guests can see the new LEGO Thank You as part of Miniland, where it will be on display until November.
For more information on reopening and ticket prices, visit www.legoland.co.uk.
If you have any questions or would like more information about the reopening of the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, please contact the press office at:
David McMonnies (firstname.lastname@example.org) / 07764 802 970
Laura Askew (email@example.com) / 07976 910 898
NOTE TO EDITORS
- LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations, and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2019 The LEGO Group.
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO®bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- There are seven other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany, LEGOLAND® Dubai and LEGOLAND® Malaysia and LEGOLAND Japan
About Merlin Entertainments plc
- Merlin Entertainments plc is a global leader in location-based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 120 attractions, 18 hotels and 6 holiday villages in 25 countries and across 4 continents. Merlin’s purpose is to deliver memorable experiences to 67 million guests around the world, through its iconic brands and multiple attraction formats, and the commitment and passion of its c.28,000 employees (peak season).
- See Merlin Backstage (merlinentertainments.biz/backstage or www.facebook.com/merlinbackstage) or visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.