LEGOLAND Castle Hotel Build Competition
No purchase necessary
1 . Promotor
1.1 The promotor of this competition is LEGOLAND Windsor Resort (the "Promotor").
2. The Competition
2.1 The competition is to design a model to be constructed as a huge scale LEGO model in our new LEGOLAND Castle Hotel.
2.2 The competition will run from 00:01 on 6 September 2016 to 11:59 pm GMT on 30 November 2016 (the "Closing Date"). The winner will be notified by email by 15 January 2017.
3.1 To be eligible to enter the competition, entrants must obtain permission from their parent or legal guardian and must be aged between 2 and 16 on the date of entry. Entrants must also be resident in the UK and must not be employees of or immediate families of LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, LEGO Company Limited, Merlin Entertainments Group, their agents or anyone professionally connected to this competition ("Eligible Entrants").
3.2 Entrants must be available to attend the LEGOLAND Castle Hotel on the opening night in the event that their Entry is selected as the winner. The opening night is expected to be 1 July 2017 but this date may change for reasons outside of the control of the Promotor. Upon a winner be selected, they will be required to confirm that they are able to attend the opening night.
3.3 It will be the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that their entry does not contain or reference trademarks, logos or designs owned by others.
3.4 Only entries from individuals will be accepted. Any entries that the Promotor believes have been made via participation in a syndicate or use any robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry method will be disqualified.
3.5 Any Entry that, in the sole opinion of the Promoter, is deemed to be inappropriate for publication is ineligible. Incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified.
4. How to Enter
4.1 In order to enter the Competition, Eligible Entrants can enter by visiting www.LEGOLAND.co.uk/Castle (the "Website"), following the instructions to complete the registration form and uploading an image (photograph, drawing or digital rendering) of something creative you have designed that you would like to see as a huge scale LEGO construction at the LEGOLAND Castle Hotel.
4.2 The image submitted must be designed by you and be Knights or Wizards themed. The design must be capable of being constructed as a LEGO model measure approximately six foot by six foot (the "Entry").
4.3 Entries submitted as JPEG images must not exceed 20MB in size.
4.4 Entrants should submit their entries under the supervision of a parent or guardian to ensure that they have followed the correct online procedure for submitting their entry and provided all the required information.
4.5 All entries must be received by the Promotor before the Closing Date. All Entries received after the Closing Date will be automatically disqualified. The Promotor will not accept responsibility for competition Entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed, regardless of caused, including, for example, as a result of equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware of software failure of any kind.
5. First Round Contest Judging
5.1 Entries will be judged by a panel of 6 judges ( the "Judging Panel"). Entries will be judged on (a) Creativity/originality (b) perceived public appeal (c) how well the entry would translate into an approximate six foot by six foot LEGO display (the "Judging Criteria").
5.2 The Judging Panel will select the top 3 entries assessed using the Judging Criteria. The decision of the judges is final and not open to appeal. No discussion will be entered into with disappointed entrants who challenge the decision of the judges.
5.3 The Promoter will send the full names of the judges to anyone who writes within one month after the Closing Date of the competition requesting details of the judges and who enclosed a self-addressed envelope to FAO LEGOLAND Castle Hotel, The Mansion, LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, Winkfield Rd, Windsor SL4 4AY
6. Winner Selection
6.1 The top 3 entries selected by the Judging Panel will be showcased on the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Facebook page and social media users will decide the winner by voting for their favourite Entry of the 3 selected by the Judging Panel. Voting will take place from 00:01am GMT on 9 December 2016 and 11:59pm GMT on 8 January 2017. The winner will be the Entry that received that highest number of votes.
6.2 Entrants and their immediate family are not eligible to take part in the vote to select the winner and any such votes will not be counted.
6.3 The name and town of residence of the winner can be viewed on the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort website for 365 days after the announcement.
6.4 The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contact or is not available, or has not claimed their prize within 7 days of the announcement date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the entrant whose entry received the next highest number of votes.
7 The Prize
7.1 One prize will be awarded. The prize will be the for the winning entrant's design to be constructed and displayed in the LEGOLAND Castle Hotel. The model will be unveiled at the hotel opening on opening day and the winner will place the last brick of the hotel. The prize will also include an overnight stay for up to 2 adults and 2 children sharing one room. Travel, food and incidental expenses will not be covered by LEGOLAND Windsor Resort.
7.2 There is no cash alternative for the prize and the prize is not negotiable or transferable. The prize can be used on the opening night of the LEGOLAND Castle Hotel.
8.1 All Entries submitted become the property of LEGOLAND Windsor Resort and will not be returned.
8.2 All entries are subject to approval by the Promoter. In particular, the Promoter will reject entries which are offensive, abusive, misleading, unethical, discriminating or defaming in nature.
8.3 By submitting your entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions. Entries must be the sole work of the entrant. Any plagiarised entry, or entry that is not the sole work of the entrant be disqualified. Entries must not have been published or received any prize or reward.
8.4 Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its parent company, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promotor, its parent company, its agents or distributors or that of their employees.
8.5 All competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned. By submitting your entry and any accompanying material, you agree to assign to the Promoter all your intellectual property rights and waive all moral rights in your competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or any time in the future be entitled.
8.6 By entering, you acknowledge that the Entry may be posted on the Promotor's website and on social media but the Promotor is not obliged to use, post or display any Entry you submit. LEGOLAND Windsor Resort shall have full right and power to copy, publish, broadcast, display, distribute, use, edit, alter, combine with other material, refuse and adapt any or all proportions of Entries in any way and for any purpose whatsoever, at any time, now or in the future, in any media.
8.7 By entering this competition, the entrant and the entrant's parent/guardian agree that, in the event that the entrant is the winner of the competition, the Promoter and its parent company may use the entrant's name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes. It is further agreed that the entrant will participate in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
8.8 If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify you from participating in the competition.
8.9 The Promotor reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time on giving notice via www.LEGOLAND.co.uk/Castle
8.10 These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and entrants agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
First Choice Competition
- Promoter: LEGOLAND Windsor Resort.
- The winning prize is First Choice holiday vouchers to the value of £1,500.
- To enter, entrants must answer the qualifying question and complete entry form via the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort website. All entries correctly answering the question and submitted in accordance with these rules will be Qualifying Entries.
- Qualifying Entries will be entered into a prize draw to take place on 19th September 2016 and a winner selected at random.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram. You acknowledge that all information and material that you submit to enter this Promotion is submitted to the Promoter and not Facebook and you agree that Facebook shall not be liable to you in any way in respect of this Promotion.
- Entrants may submit one entry only.
- Entries must be received via the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort website by 23:59 GMT on Monday 5th September 2016.
- Any entry which is incomplete, illegible or late will be deemed invalid in the sole discretion of the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort.
- There is no cash or alternative to the competition prize stated and the prize is non-transferable.
- The promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. Unless otherwise stated the promoter is the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort.
- The winner will be contacted via the email address provided on the entry form and announced on the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort Facebook page on Friday 16th September 2016.
- The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- Entry is open to UK and Northern Ireland residents 16 and over, except employees and the immediate family of the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort.
- The results and winner's name will be published on the Official LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort Facebook page.
- By entering each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions
- The winner agrees that the Promoter may use the winner's name and town or county of residence to announce the winner and for any other reasonable and related promotional purpose.
Terms of Voucher:
- This card can be used as full or part payment for travel products at any Thomas Travel Shops.
- Excludes all travel money related products, currency, traveller’s cheques and prepaid cards.
- Cannot be exchanged for cash or to purchase another gift card.
- The value loaded on the card will expire 24 months from first activation. The activation date will be communicated to the winner.
- Protect the card and treat it as cash, the balance cannot be refunded if lost or stolen.
- Cards can be reloaded at any Thomson Travel Shop by visiting the bureau.
Birthday Leaflet Competition
- Winners will be selected at random the day after Competition close dates: 5 June 2016, 31 August 2016 and 5 October 2016.
- Last Competition entry: 5 October 2016
- Winners will receive one prize of a night’s stay in the LEGOLAND® Windsor Hotel for a Family of 4 (2 adults 18 years and over and 2 children under 15 years or 1 adult and 3 children).
- Dates must be mutually agreed between the winner and the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort. Winners are advised to provide up to 3 suitable dates for their stay and where possible the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort will try to accommodate accordingly. Dates are subject to availability. Excludes 22nd – 30th October, Half Term, special event days and the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Christmas event. Other weekends and some peak periods may be unavailable.
- The winners and their companions are responsible for any expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prize, including any travel arrangements, facilities at the attraction, spending money, telephone calls, personal items, merchandise and souvenirs, incidental costs, any additional hotel rooms, all drinks, meals or refreshments, or taxes or expenses which may be incurred by the winners in claiming the prize.
- Entrants must be aged 16 or over.
- Entrants must be resident in the UK and must not be employees or their immediate families of LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort, LEGO® Company Limited, Merlin Entertainments Group, their agents or anyone professionally connected to this giveaway.
- Bulk or third party entries will not be accepted.
- No responsibility will be accepted for lost, damaged, delayed or illegible entries.
- All sections of the entry form must be completed.
- The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified within 14 days of the competition close dates.
- No cash alternative is available and the prize is non-transferable.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, Merlin Entertainments reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- All entries submitted will become the property of the promoter.
- Winners may be required to take part in publicity and, by entering the giveaway, give their consent.
Archant Titles Competition
Win a family day out at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort, including 2 adult and 2 child tickets.
- Only one entry per person.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
- Entrants submitting the correct answer will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on 13 October.
- The winner will be selected at random
- The prize consists of 2 adult and 2 child day tickets to the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort.
- Any additional adults and/or children will be charged at the standard rate.
- If the winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her prize with fewer than four (4) guests, the prize will be awarded to the winner and any participating guest and any remainder of the prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation.
- The prize is for one day tickets only, and not 2 Day or Annual Passes.
- Prizes must be used within the 2016 season and are valid until 5 November 2016.
- Prizes will be sent to winners by the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort by post.
- Any additional tickets you may wish to purchase can be booked in advance online at www.legoland.co.uk
- If you are using these tickets to attend on an event day please ensure that you arrive early to guarantee entry.
- When planning your visit, please remember to take a look at our calendar for opening dates and times. We are closed on some Tuesdays and Wednesdays throughout the season.
- Height restrictions apply on some rides.
- The prize is subject to the attractions normal Terms and Conditions of Entry, which can be found at
- The use of the prize is subject to availability and capacity restrictions.
- Not all attractions, shows and rides may be operational on the day of the visit.
- Height, age and weight restrictions apply on some rides.
- Prize consists only of one day entrance only; no other elements or expenses such as travel, car parking, meals and beverages, spending money or Q-Bot access to rides and attractions are included. All such expenses are the sole responsibility of the winner plus guests.
- The promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. Unless otherwise stated the promoter is the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort.
- This prize cannot be taken in conjunction with any other promotion, offer, reward/loyalty program, 2 Day or Annual Pass, group booking, rail inclusive offer.
- Competition entry is open to all UK residents except employees and the immediate family of the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort.
- There is no cash or alternative to the prizes stated, and the prizes are non-transferable.