Celebrities and their families arrive for a magical 'Knight' at the new LEGOLAND® Castle Hotel Print
- The LEGOLAND® Castle Hotel opens at LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort this weekend
- Tom and Giovanna Fletcher, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Claire Richards and Erin O’Connor amongst first-ever guests on opening night
This evening, an all-star line-up of celebrities and their families arrived at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort’s brand new LEGOLAND® Castle Hotel, ready to enjoy a magical sleepover inside the Castle walls.
Ahead of its public opening on 1 July, the new, Castle themed hotel lowered its drawbridge and welcomed its first starry-eyed guests including;
- McFly star Tom Fletcher and wife Giovanna Fletcher with their sons Buzz and Buddy;
- Popstar Sophie Ellis Bextor with partner, The Feeling bassist, Richard Jones and their sons Sonny, Rae, Kit and Jesse;
- Steps band member, Claire Richards joined by husband Reece and their children Charlie and Daisy;
- With supermodel, Erin O’Connor and her partner, Steve Gibson and son Albert, completing the stellar line-up
The celebrity parents and their excited families enjoyed a banquet dinner at the hotel’s á la carte Tournament Tavern restaurant and an evening of family entertainment before sleeping over in one of the Hotel’s Knight and Wizard themed rooms. Tomorrow they will wake up to a fun-filled day exploring the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort’s rides, live shows and attractions– including the recently opened LEGO® NINJAGO® The Ride.
Situated right on the edge of the theme park, the LEGOLAND Castle Hotel houses around 2.1 million bricks and brings to life an enchanted world of brave knights, magical wizards and mischievous jesters. Colourful LEGO touches and models large and small feature throughout with a staggering 657 LEGO models for guests to discover - from the astonishing lobby dominated by a giant floor to ceiling LEGO brick Wizard unleashing LEGO magic from his staff - to the tiny 7cm high LEGO dragonfly models.
With separate sleeping areas for adults and up to three children, the 61 magical Wizard and Knight bedrooms are brimming with LEGO surprises too. From the bright LEGO wall graphics to the magical LEGO models, children (and adults alike) will delight in solving the special clues hidden in the carpet and walls to unlock the LEGO surprises that wait in the safe. Bunting, flags, LEGO shields and an illuminated stained glass window bring the majestic Knight themed rooms to life, whilst the
spellbinding Wizard rooms are bursting with LEGO magic from potion bottles, spell books and mystical LEGO creatures.
The LEGOLAND Castle Hotel opens tomorrow (1 July 2017). Prices start from £572 for a family room (2 adults / 2 children) including breakfast, park tickets for two days plus exclusive benefits. For bookings and more information visit: www.legoland.co.uk/castle.
- Family rooms (2 adults/ 2 children) available from £572.
- Hotel opens 1 July 2017
- Hotel price includes breakfast and Park tickets for two days plus early access to the park, free drink vessels for the children, LEGO gifts and collectables.
- Book here: www.legolandholidays.co.uk/legoland-windsor-hotels/legoland-castle-hotel.html
- ENDS -
For more information contact the LEGOLAND PR team at Clarion Communications:
firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 7343 3225
NOTES TO EDTIORS:
- LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. (c) 2017 The LEGO Group.
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO® bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- There are seven other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany, LEGOLAND® Dubai LEGOLAND® Malaysia and LEGOLAND Japan.
- Merlin Entertainments plc is a global leader in location based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 100 attractions, 13 hotels and 5 holiday villages in 24 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable experiences to its more than 60 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its c.27,000 employees (peak season). Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.