Calling aspiring LEGO® Builders: New 'Model Maker For The Day' experience comes to the the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort Print
For the first time ever, budding builders will be able to spend a fun-filled day experiencing what it’s like to be one of LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort’s famous Model Makers, as the Resort introduces an awesome new ‘Model Maker for the Day’ experience.
Bookings are now open for the new package which is suitable for children aged 7-15 years-old. Aspiring builders will spend the morning going behind-the-scenes alongside a Master Builder, to carry out morning model checks before the park opens. After enjoying a delicious breakfast at the LEGOLAND Hotel, mini Model Makers’ will even get the chance to go on a ride before the gates open to guests. Junior builders will then head to the Model Makers Studio to put their building skills to the test and create a miniature 10cm tall replica of themselves out of LEGO® bricks. The day will be rounded off with lunch in ‘Bricks’ the LEGO themed family restaurant, before parents can collect their graduated master builders.
Wannabe builders can book this exclusive experience for an introductory price of £200pp, available for a limited time only, which includes their official Model Maker uniform, a certificate for all their achievements, all activities, park entry for the day, breakfast and lunch*. Please note this experience is for children only, and parents will not be able to join the day’s activities.
LEGOLAND bosses were inspired to launch this unique, behind-the-scenes experience following 6-year-old Stanley Bolland’s job application for a real life Model Maker vacancy. Stanley’s hand written application saw his dreams come true when he was invited for a day’s work experience with the LEGOLAND Model Making team.
Paula Laughton, Head Model Maker at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort comments: “Being a Model Maker is a dream job – I get to use my skills and imagination on a daily basis to build awesome LEGO creations for the Resort. We’re thrilled to be able Inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow with this behind-the-scenes sneak-peak for youngsters in a fun-filled experience they won’t forget. During the day budding builders will unlock their creative potential, and who knows, perhaps some of them will become our Model Makers of the future!”
A first for the Resort, this unique experience adds to a host of new attractions for 2018, including new additions to Miniland from across the globe, with iconic landmarks made entirely of LEGO bricks added from China, Australia, Russia, USA, and India. Additionally the Resort is showing a new LEGO® NINJAGO® 4D film exclusive to LEGOLAND Parks, has launched brand new LEGO NINJAGO themed bedrooms at the LEGOLAND Resort Hotel, and introduces a new LEGO Reef where guests can build underwater creations from virtual LEGO bricks.
‘Model Maker for the Day’ has limited places subject to availability so book now to avoid disappointment at: https://www.legoland.co.uk/littlebuilders/
Park ticket prices/opening
- *Model Maker for the Day available for introductory price of £200pp, limited availability, including official Model Maker uniform, certificate, all activities, breakfast and lunch. To book visit: https://www.legoland.co.uk/littlebuilders/
- Children must be aged 7-15 at the time of their visit. There will be up to 4 children per group. This experience is for children only, and parents will not be able to join the day’s activities.
- Entrance to the theme park for after the experience can be purchased from £32pp on selected dates, when booked online at least 7 days in advance
- Park is open until 1 November 2018 (closed on selected midweek days in March, April, May, September and October)
- For more information about the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort visit: https://www.legoland.co.uk
- Ends -
NOTE TO EDITORS
- LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations, , the Minifigure, DUPLO and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2018 The LEGO Group.
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO® bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- Merlin Entertainments plc is a global leader in location based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 120 attractions, 15 hotels and 6 holiday villages in 25 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable experiences to more than 65 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its c.29,000 employees (peak season).
- See Merlin Backstage (www.merlinentertainments.biz/backstage or www.facebook.com/merlinbackstage) for an insight into how Merlin delivers memorable experiences to its many millions of visitors to its attractions.
- Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.