One of the world's biggest ever LEGO® STAR WARS™ models installed Print
One of the world's biggest ever LEGO® STAR WARS™ models installed at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort
ONE OF THE WORLD’S BIGGEST EVER LEGO® STAR WARS™ MODELS INSTALLED AT THE LEGOLAND® WINDSOR RESORT
LAST PIECES PUT IN PLACE ON 500,000 LEGO® BRICK DEATH STAR
Monday 22 February 2016. One of the most impressive and biggest LEGO® Star Wars™ models ever created - a 500,000 brick LEGO® Star Wars™ recreation of The Empire’s ultimate super weapon, The Death Star – has been installed at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort. The operation took three days as the massive new 2.4 metre wide, 3 metre high creation was carefully hoisted into position and the final bricks and scenes were put in place. The hefty 860kg perfectly spherical model took 15 Model Makers three months to build and will be the centrepiece of an epic new finale at the LEGO®Star Wars™ Miniland Model Display when the Resort opens on 11 March.
The dramatic scene, which depicts the Rebel Alliance attack on the moon sized space station in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, also features 16 Alliance ships swooping in to destroy it and a series of animated scenes from the movie, including the famous trash compactor scene and Obi Wan Kenobi’s Lightsaber duel with Darth Vader. Guests will be able to trigger special effects and bring the scene to life with sound and light effects.
The new area comprises 651,086 individual bricks in total and will be a thrilling finale to the 1.5 million brick LEGO® Star Wars™ Miniland Model Display which brings to life iconic Star Wars™ scenes from the Millennium Falcon rising over the desert planet Tatooine (with the Cantina band playing), to Imperial AT-ATs on the icy planet Hoth and Ewoks in their forest home of Endor.
For further information contact Lauren Beaty at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort
on email@example.com or 01753 626267
NOTE TO EDITORS
- STAR WARS™, STAR WARS™:THE CLONE WARS™ and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd and/or its affiliates. TM & © Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.
- LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. (c)2016 The LEGO Group.
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO® bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- There are five other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany and LEGOLAND® Malaysia.
- MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS plc is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 111 attractions, 12 hotels/4 holiday villages in 23 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its almost 63 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and c26,000 employees (peak season).
- Among Merlin’s attractions are - SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, DreamWorks Tours SHREK’s Adventure, The London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK Resort, Blackpool Tower, Heide Park Resort, Sydney Tower Eye and SKYWALK. All brands which are distinctive, challenging and innovative – and which have great potential for growth in the future. Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.