“THE LEGO® MOVIE™ 4D A New Adventure” Premiering in March and Gigantic New LEGO® Death Star Finale Print
New For 2016 at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort “THE LEGO® MOVIE™ 4D A New Adventure” Premiering in March and Gigantic New LEGO® Death Star Finale for STAR WARS™ Miniland Model Display
NEW FOR 2016 AT THE LEGOLAND® WINDSOR RESORT
“THE LEGO® MOVIE™ 4D A NEW ADVENTURE” PREMIERING IN MARCH AND GIGANTIC NEW LEGO® DEATH STAR FINALE FOR STAR WARS™ MINILAND MODEL DISPLAY
“THE LEGO® MOVIE™ 4D A NEW ADVENTURE”
In its 20th anniversary year, guests to the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort in 2016 should be prepared for some seriously awesome film fun with the opening of an ALL NEW 4D cinema presentation - "The LEGO® Movie™ 4D A New Adventure" on 11 March in an adventure that reunites characters from “The LEGO® Movie™” from Warner Bros. Pictures, Village Roadshow Pictures and LEGO System A/S, and also brings together some of the original voices. Written by Adam Pava (writer of “The Boxtrolls”) and co-written and directed by Rob Schrab (director of the sequel to “The LEGO Movie," debuting in
May of 2018), it features a whole new plot - and mixed with amazing 4D effects, promises a uniquely imaginative interactive guest experience.
“The LEGO Movie 4D A New Adventure” follows a new journey for Emmet, Wyldstyle, Unikitty, Benny and MetalBeard after they receive a mysterious invitation leading them to a new theme park. But not all is as it seems as the heroes are once again thrust into the middle of an evil secret plot, only this time, it will be up to the audience to use their Master Builder skills to help save them. Using elements such as wind, water, smoke and special lighting effects, the larger-than-life experience takes the film’s main characters, Emmet and Wyldstyle, and their friends on another awesome adventure. And watch
out for the introduction of a totally new character too as Risky Business joins the cast.
“The LEGO® Movie™ 4D A New Adventure” will open in the UK on Friday 11 March 2016 at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort and LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Manchester.
GIGANTIC NEW LEGO® DEATH STAR FOR STAR WARS™ MINILAND MODEL DISPLAY
One of the most impressive and biggest models ever created for LEGOLAND Windsor will be revealed in March when a 500,000 brick LEGO Star Wars™ recreation of Darth Vader’s ultimate super weapon, The Death Star, becomes the centre piece of an epic new finale at the hugely popular LEGO Star Wars™ Miniland Model Display. The new 2.4 metre wide, 3 metre high Death Star will be the focal point for a thrilling, engaging scene depicting the Rebel Alliance attack on the moon sized space station in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope. As well as the gargantuan 860kg spherical Death Star model, the scene will also feature 16 Alliance ships swooping to destroy it with sound and light effects triggered by guests.
The new scene provides a thrilling finale to the LEGO Star Wars™ Miniland Model Display which opened in 2012 and brings to life seven iconic Star Wars™ scenes featuring 1,500 separate models made from 1.5 million bricks in themed settings with special effects. The model will be installed for the Resort’s opening on 11 March and special Star Wars™ event days will run on May Bank Holiday Weekend.
PLUS A WHOLE RESORT OF LEGO® THEMED ADVENTURE FROM LEGO FRIENDS TO LEGO CITY
2016 marks twenty years since the LEGOLAND theme park first opened its doors. Back then it was a little bit smaller with only 25million LEGO bricks; today it boasts more than 80 million LEGO bricks and
hundreds of models across the Resort and with more than 55 rides and attractions there's plenty across the Resort to keep families with children aged 2 -12 entertained. For LEGO Friends fans there’s the whole world of Heartlake City to explore, like Mia’s Riding Adventure, an exciting equestrian adventure ride. For LEGO City fans the famous LEGO City Driving School is bigger and better than ever or take a boat ride around Coastguard HQ before joining the Fire Academy. Pirate Shores - featuring Castaway Camp and the Pirate Falls Treasure Quest ride - and the splash-tastic DUPLO® Valley with Drench Towers and Splash Safari are not to be missed. Plus, journey through the oceans on Atlantis Submarine Voyage; submerging guests into an aquatic world of awesome sea creatures in bright yellow submarines. And don’t forget to soar through the air on the Dragon rollercoaster (or the Dragon's Apprentice for littler ones) and marvel at some of the world's most famous landscapes in miniature in the Resort's famous Miniland.
AND A 150 ROOM LEGO® THEMED HOTEL FOR A LEGOLAND SHORTBREAK
With so much to do at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort those who opt for a short break can stay at the unique themed Resort Hotel located right on the edge of the park. Stay in a LEGO Friends, Pirates, Adventure or Kingdom Room jam packed with fun features and separate sleeping areas for children and adults. The Hotel is brimming with LEGO surprises, including the splash-tastic LEGO Pirates Splash Pool, full evening entertainment programme and even LEGO chips in Bricks Family Restaurant. Room packages are available from £314 in low season including two full days in the Park and breakfast at the Bricks Family Restaurant. Call 0844 844 8099 or check www.legoland.co.uk for full details.
Look out for further updates throughout the year on the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort's social media channels for special 20th anniversary activity.
*prices correct at time of release
· Park ticket prices/opening
o Park open from 11 March until 5 November 2016 (closed on selected midweek days in March, April, May, September, October and November)
o Tickets from £37 when booked online at least 7 days in advance
o Book here: www.legoland.co.uk/en/Book/ or call 0845 373 2640
· LEGO themed LEGOLAND Hotel prices/opening
Themed family rooms (2 adults/ 2 children) available from £314 in low season (not including LEGO Friends rooms). Premium LEGO Friends packages (2 adults/ 2 children) from £404 in low season
Hotel price includes breakfast and Park tickets for two days plus early bird access to selected rides in the Park (special rates available for LEGOLAND Annual Pass Holders and Merlin Annual Pass Holders)
o Book here: www.legoland.co.uk/hotel/shortbreak/
LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort – Lauren Beaty, 01753 626267, email@example.com
LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Manchester - Laura Quigley - Laura@gough.co.uk
NOTE TO EDITORS
• STAR WARS™, STAR WARS™:THE CLONE WARS™ and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd and/or its affiliates. TM & © Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.
• LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations, the FRIENDS logo, DUPLO and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. (c)2015 The LEGO Group. THE LEGO MOVIE © The LEGO Group & Warner Bros Entertainment Inc.
• The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO® bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
• There are five other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany and LEGOLAND® Malaysia.
• MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS plc is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 111 attractions, 12 hotels/4 holiday villages in 23 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its almost 63 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and c26,000 employees (peak season).
• Among Merlin’s attractions are - SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, DreamWorks Tours SHREK’s Adventure, The London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK Resort, Blackpool Tower, Heide Park Resort, Sydney Tower Eye and SKYWALK. All brands which are distinctive, challenging and innovative – and which have great potential for growth in the future.
Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.