The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort now open with a host of awesome new attractions Print
The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort has opened for its 2018 season with amazing new attractions including: iconic new landmarks in the world famous Miniland, an awesome digital LEGO® Reef, brand new NINJAGO themed hotel rooms; and an exclusive LEGO® NINJAGO® 4D movie.
MINILAND EXPLORE THE WORLD
Brand new from 9 March, guests can enjoy iconic additions from across the globe, as Miniland includes landmarks from India, Russia, Australia, and China for the very first time.
Taking 55 LEGOLAND Model Makers more than 12,000 hours to build, families can now take in the sights at Miniland ‘Explore the World’, from the majestic 47,000 brick Taj Mahal (Agra) complete with a mini LEGO version of ‘Diana’s bench’, to the St. Basil’s Cathedral (Moscow) with its multi-coloured roof, spectacularly recreated with thirteen different colour LEGO bricks. The Forbidden City (Beijing) took a whopping 700 hours to design and build also joins the line-up, along with The Sydney Opera House (Sydney) made up of 204,000 bricks - the most bricks of all the new landmarks - and an impressive three-metre-long LEGO Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Miniland has been at the heart of the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort since it opened in 1996. Now with twelve countries made from over 40 million bricks, allowing guests to stroll from the UK to Australia in under five minutes, it is better than ever before.
Little ones can now get a taste of the American dream, as a miniature LEGO version of the USA has arrived in Miniland. Iconic American landmarks recreated from hundreds of thousands of LEGO bricks make up the New York City skyline, with the Empire State Building standing at a huge 4.4 metres tall, and the world famous Statue of Liberty made from 44,000 perfectly matched ‘Yoda Green’ coloured LEGO bricks.
Guests can also enjoy an epic journey along the famous Route 66, taking in Chicago and Arizona, as well as LEGO recreations of San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge, Times Square, and The White House. Eagle-eyed guests will spot tiny details along the way from Area 51 in Nevada to Cloud Gate in Chicago, as well as over 20 iconic yellow LEGO taxis made especially for New York City.
LEGO® NINJAGO® 4D MOVIE
‘LEGO NINJAGO – Master of the 4th Dimension’ - an exciting new 12 minute, 4D film screening at the popular LEGO 4D Movie Theatre will delight NINJAGO fans big and small. Exclusive to LEGOLAND Parks worldwide, the 4D movie will see guests plunged into the action as Master Wu prepares Kai, Nya, Lloyd, Zane, Jay and Cole to take on the teachings of the mysterious ‘Scroll of the 4th Dimension’ complete with 4D effects including water, wind, fire and snow.
LEGO NINJAGO® BEDROOMS
New LEGO NINJAGO® themed rooms are now open at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Hotel, giving guests the exciting chance to sleep like a ninja.
The four new rooms, filled with bright LEGO NINJAGO wallpaper and LEGO models bring the awesome world of the LEGO NINJAGO heroes - Nya, Kai, Cole, Lloyd, Zane and Jay - spectacularly to life. With separate sleeping areas for two adults and up to three children, families can discover 10 new LEGO models in their room - from impressive LEGO throwing stars, to a magical hatching dragon made up of 2,852 LEGO bricks, and a bricktacular LEGO dragon’s egg. Wannabe ninjas will delight in solving the clues hidden around the room to unlock the LEGO surprise that waits in the LEGO safe.
Plus, there’s a LEGO building station, two TVs, and a premium en-suite bathroom complete with more LEGO NINJAGO twists and flourishes. The LEGO NINJAGO themed rooms are available to book from £135 per person per night for a family
of four including breakfast and Park tickets for two days.
An awesome digital aquarium, LEGO Reef, also joins the line-up of exciting new attractions at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort for 2018. Families can dive deep under the sea and build colourful fish out of virtual LEGO bricks using touch screen technology.
Bursting with interactive fun, little ones can use touchscreens to create their very own personalised virtual LEGO fish using 15 different LEGO colours - including Clown Fish, Angler Fish, and Piranhas - before casting them off into the ocean and watching them swim through the interactive floor to ceiling coral reef. Guests can then ‘feed’ their hungry new LEGO creations at the press of a ‘feed me’ button! What’s more, they are also able to explore their imagination and build LEGO starfish, crabs and submarines at the free building stations.
HOTELS AT THE LEGOLAND WINDSOR RESORT
With all of this and over 55 rides, live shows and attractions to enjoy at the LEGOLAND WindsorResort, those who opt for a short break can stay at the unique LEGOLAND Hotel or the enchanting new LEGOLAND Castle Hotel located right on the edge of the park.
Stay in a brand new LEGO® NINJAGO® room or opt for a LEGO Friends, Pirates, Adventure, Kingdom, Knights or Wizards themed Room, all jam-packed with fun features and separate sleeping areas for children and adults. The Hotels are brimming with LEGO surprises, including the splash-tastic LEGO Pirates Splash Pool, full evening entertainment programme and even a smoke breathing LEGO Dragon as you enter the Park.
Park ticket prices/opening
- Park is open from 9 March until 1 November 2018 (closed on selected midweek days in March, April, May, September and October)
- Tickets from £32 on selected dates, when booked online at least 7 days in advance
- 2018 tickets available now. Book here: www.legoland.co.uk/tickets-and-passes/online-tickets/ or call 0845 373 2640
- Resort Hotel prices
- Castle Hotel – Premium themed family rooms available from £111pp for a family of 4. Including breakfast park tickets for two days, plus special exclusive benefits including drinks vessels, swim bags, factory bricks and exclusive pop badges
- LEGOLAND Hotel - Themed family rooms available from 125pp for a family of 4. Price includes breakfast and park tickets for two days
- LEGO NINJAGO themed rooms available from £135pp for a family of 4. Price includes breakfast and park tickets for two days.
- Book here: www.legolandholidays.co.uk/
NOTE TO EDITORS
- LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations, NINJAGO, the Minifigure, DUPLO and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2018 The LEGO Group.
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO® bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- There are seven other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany, LEGOLAND® Dubai and LEGOLAND® Malaysia and LEGOLAND Japan
- Merlin Entertainments plc is a global leader in location based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 120 attractions, 15 hotels and 6 holiday villages in 25 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable experiences to more than 65 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its c.29,000 employees (peak season).
- See Merlin Backstage (www.merlinentertainments.biz/backstage or www.facebook.com/merlinbackstage) for an insight into how Merlin delivers memorable experiences to its many millions of visitors to its attractions.
- Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.