Windsor gets its very first beach as the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort announces all-new ‘Summer of Fun’ event Print
From 07 July– 02 September, the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort will be hosting its first-ever 'Summer of Fun' event, set to thrill families throughout the school holidays. The two-month long event will invite guests to join an awesome Beach Party built just for kids, hosted at the resort's all-new 10m long sandy beach, with a host of beach activities for all the family to enjoy.
Plus, the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort will be unveiling its first-ever giant sand sculpture. The 20 tonne creation will be sure to wow guests, who can watch the sculptor in action (07 – 10 July) as he builds the spectacle, before the final creation is revealed on 11 July.
Little builders will be entertained with buckets and spades, LEGO building activities of underwater creatures and beach themed models, and POP music to dance along to with special guests LEGO Shark Guy and LEGO Sea Captain who will be stopping by to join the party.
Families can kick-back in deckchairs or borrow a beach blanket and relax on the shores of LEGOLAND, before indulging in their favourite ice-cream from our ice-cream stand, whilst a giant deck chair will give the perfect picture opportunity.
After playing in the sand, little ones can continue the fun by cooling off at Splash Safari, and for the bigger builders we have Drench Towers, the UK's largest outdoor water play structure complete with slides and the famous giant tipping DUPLO® brick.
Don't forget to take part in the 'Make a Splash' challenge to take-on splashtastic rides such as Pirate Falls, S.Q.U.I.D Surfer, Viking River Splash and Raft Racers which offer families the chance to win awesome summer prizes – including annual passes, fast-track passes, LEGO sets, and extra special surprises up for grabs.
Lauren Moss, Senior PR Manager at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort, commented: "The 'Summer of Fun' event is completely new, and with the scorching weather set for the UK this summer, we are hugely excited to announce what is sure to be a really popular Beach Party. We can't wait to bring a taste of the seaside to Windsor and to see families enjoying getting the sand between their toes, getting soaked on the water rides and having plenty of summer fun!"
If the fun-filled Beach Party and splashtastic water rides weren't enough, families will also get to explore the whole Park including over 55 rides and attractions, spectacular new LEGO landmarks in the world-famous Miniland, plus an awesome new digital LEGO Reef, and a brand new exclusive LEGO® NINJAGO® 4D movie.
Guests can make the most of LEGOLAND's 'Summer of Fun' with Kids Go Free on selected short-breaks, staying in one of the Resort's two hotels with awesome themed hotel rooms, including new LEGO NINJAGO themed rooms.
Park ticket prices
• Tickets from £32 on selected dates, when booked online at least 7 days in advance
• The LEGOLAND Windsor Resort's 'Summer of Fun' is available to book now at www.legoland.co.uk
Resort Hotel prices
• Book a short break between 4 – 22 July and enjoy Kids Go Free on select dates.
• Castle Hotel – Premium themed family rooms available from £150pp for a family of 4 including breakfast and park tickets for two days.
• LEGOLAND Hotel - Themed family rooms available from £122pp for a family of 4. Price includes breakfast and park tickets for two days.
• Book here: www.legolandholidays.co.uk/
NOTE TO EDITORS
• LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. © 2018 The LEGO Group.
• The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO® bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
• There are seven other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund, LEGOLAND® California, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland, LEGOLAND® Malaysia, LEGOLAND® Japan and LEGOLAND® Dubai.
About Merlin Entertainments plc
• Merlin Entertainments plc is a global leader in location based, family entertainment. As Europe's Number 1 and the world's second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 120 attractions, 18 hotels and 6 holiday villages in 25 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable experiences to more than 65 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its c.29,000 employees (peak season).
• See Merlin Backstage (www.merlinentertainments.biz/backstage or www.facebook.com/merlinbackstage) for an insight into how Merlin delivers memorable experiences to its many millions of visitors to its attractions.
• Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.