LEGO® Angel Tops Off Giant LEGO® Christmas Tree Print
LEGO® Angel Tops Off Giant LEGO® Christmas Tree at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort.
LEGO® ANGEL TOPS OFF GIANT LEGO® CHRISTMAS TREE AT THE LEGOLAND® WINDSOR RESORT
Wednesday, December 9 2015. The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort today added the finishing touches to its Christmas Bricktacular when a huge 65cm tall, 6.5kg Angel made from 4,550 individual LEGO® bricks was given pride of place at the top of the massive 8m tall LEGO Christmas tree covered in sparkly lights.
The intricate design, using nine different colours of bricks including extremely rare transparent bricks, took LEGOLAND Model Maker Hannah Reed 49 hours to create and needed meticulous planning to ensure the correct angelic proportions were achieved. The whopping 6.5 kg tree topper required a team effort for installation, with the Resort’s Model Makers using a cherry picker to reach the top of the giant tree and manoeuvre it into place.
The tree itself is comprised of more than 300,000 bricks and took a team of experts 4 weeks to build. It is the centrepiece to a magical Christmas land at the Resort open now until 24 December. Find out more at www.legoland.co.uk/christmas
Notes to Editors
• Tickets to LEGOLAND’s Christmas Bricktacular must be booked in advance at www.legoland.co.uk/christmas or on 0871 2222 001.
• Select rides and attractions are open at LEGOLAND Windsor Resort as part of the festive season. Check www.LEGOLAND.co.uk/christmas for further details.
For further information please contact Tansy Ratcliffe - James at freerange on 020 7402 9966 or email email@example.com
• The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO® bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
• There are five other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany and LEGOLAND® Malaysia.
• MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS plc is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s secondlargest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 111 attractions, 12 hotels/4 holiday villages in 23 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its almost 63 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global
and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and c26,000 employees (peak season).
• Among Merlin’s attractions are - SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, DreamWorks Tours SHREK’s Adventure, The London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK Resort, Blackpool Tower, Heide Park Resort, Sydney Tower Eye and SKYWALK. All brands which are distinctive, challenging and innovative – and which have great potential for growth in the future. Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.