Merlin's Magic Wand Family Fun Festival Print
THE LEGOLAND® WINDSOR RESORT WELCOMES FAMILIES FROM ALEXANDER DEVINE CHILDREN’S HOSPICE SERVICE
The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort, on behalf of Merlin’s Magic Wand, welcomed children from Alexander Devine Children’s Hospice Service for a magical day out at the Resort.
LEGOLAND Windsor celebrated the incredible work of Alexander Devine Children’s Hospice Service by hosting more than 100 children and their families for an extra special day out. Families were welcomed by LEGOLAND’s amazing cast of entertainers, including the larger-than-life Pink Brick, stars from The LEGO® Movie Emmett and Wyldstyle, puppets from the DUPLO® Theatre, the Resort’s famous Pirates from the ever popular Pirates of Skeleton Bay Stunt Show PLUS Star Wars™ Characters from The Joker Squad.
The partnership between the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort and Alexander Devine Children’s Hospice Service began in 2014, with the Resort working with the charity to support the building of Berkshire’s first children’s hospice, as well as offering magical VIP days out to the many children with life-limiting and life-threatening conditions. Using the skills of the Resort’s expert Model Makers and Landscape Designers LEGOLAND will create a sensory garden for the hospice grounds.
Simon Lane, Divisional Director of the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort said, “We were delighted to welcome the children and families of Alexander Devine Children’s Hospice Service to enjoy a magical day out at the Resort.”
Helen Bennett, Director of Care at Alexander Devine commented, “Our families were so warmly welcomed by all the staff at LEGOLAND on Sunday for such an amazing Festival of Fun. The smiles and laughter of the children was infectious and made possible by Merlin’s Magic Wand. It is a privilege to be part of such a wonderful day and one that offers such special and precious memories. We are so grateful to LEGOLAND for all they do in supporting Alexander Devine.”
Merlin’s Magic Wand is a charity that puts the magic back into the childhoods of seriously ill, disabled and disadvantaged children by arranging magical days out to over 100 Merlin Entertainments attractions worldwide, one of which is the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort.
For further information contact: Melissa Maughan on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01753 6266267.
Notes to editors:
- LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. (c) 2016 The LEGO Group.
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO® bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- There are five other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany and LEGOLAND® Malaysia.
- MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS plc is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 111 attractions, 12 hotels/4 holiday villages in 23 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its almost 63 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and c26,000 employees (peak season).
- Among Merlin’s attractions are - SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, DreamWorks Tours SHREK’s Adventure, The London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK Resort, Blackpool Tower, Heide Park Resort, Sydney Tower Eye and SKYWALK. All brands which are distinctive, challenging and innovative – and which have great potential for growth in the future. Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.