You're hired! The LEGOLAND Windsor® Resort responds to 7 year-old boy who applied to be Model Maker Print
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort offers dream work experience day for 7-year-old boy who applied for Model Maker job
- Young Stanley Bolland wrote into The LEGOLAND Windsor Resort applying for the job after his aunty saw it advertised on Facebook
This weekend, a seven-year-old boy who wrote to The LEGOLAND Windsor Resort to apply for the coveted ‘Model Maker’ role, saw his dreams come true as he was welcomed to the Park for a day of hands-on work experience.
After seeing the job advertised on Facebook earlier this year, Stanley Bolland from Hampshire posted a handwritten job application declaring ‘‘I am the man for the job because I have lots of experience.’’ The famous model making team were quick to reply, saying ‘‘loving LEGO is the first step to being a Model Maker, so it certainly sounds like you’ll be perfect for the job (once you’ve finished school of course). In the meantime, we’d love to offer you a one-off work experience day with our Model Makers.’’
Stanley enjoyed a fun packed day shadowing Model Maker of 20 years, Paula Laughton. He began the day with vital checks and repairs to models across the park, including dragons in the newly opened NINJAGO® World, famous London landmarks in Miniland, and a giant floor to ceiling LEGO wizard at the new Castle Hotel, before getting a sneak peak behind the scenes in the Model Makers Studio. At the end of his busy day, Stanley enjoyed an afternoon discovering all the Park has to offer.
Stanley commented: ‘‘It was awesome to spend the whole day at LEGOLAND meeting the Model Makers and learning all about what they do every day. I loved it and I can’t wait to tell all my friends about it at school.’’
Paula Laughton, Model Maker at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort has commented, “LEGOLAND is all about being hands on and creative, so we were thrilled to reward Stanley’s initiative and ambition by inviting him to the Park for work experience. Stanley showed great promise, so we hope this will inspire him to work really hard at school as the new year starts, and will look out for his job application when he’s a little older!’’
Letter from Stanley (below):
Response from The LEGOLAND Windsor Resort (below):
Harriet Potter at Clarion Communications firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE TO EDITORS
- LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. (c) 2016 The LEGO Group.
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO® bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- There are five other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany and LEGOLAND® Malaysia.
- MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS plc is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 111 attractions, 12 hotels/4 holiday villages in 23 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its almost 63 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and c26,000 employees (peak season).
- Among Merlin’s attractions are - SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, DreamWorks Tours SHREK’s Adventure, The London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK Resort, Blackpool Tower, Heide Park Resort, Sydney Tower Eye and SKYWALK. All brands which are distinctive, challenging and innovative – and which have great potential for growth in the future. Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.