THE LEGO® MOVIE™ 4D A NEW ADVENTURE Print
Celebrities turn out for the premiere of "THE LEGO® MOVIE™ 4D A NEW ADVENTURE"
CELEBRITIES TURN OUT FOR THE PREMIERE OF “THE LEGO® MOVIE™ 4D A NEW ADVENTURE”
This weekend saw a host of celebrities turn out for the premiere of "The LEGO® Movie™ 4D A New Adventure” at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort. The brand new animation short re-unites the characters from the original theatrical film and will be showing exclusively at the LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort and at LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Manchester from Friday 11 March.
Personalities including the spicey Emma Bunton, The X-Files' Gillian Anderson, Mr Selfridge's Katherine Kelly and broadcasters Ben Shephard, Matt Baker and Kate Garraway were treated to the first viewing of the 12 minute short film which sees Emmet, Wyldstyle and the gang pitted against a brand new villain, Risky Business in a riotous, action-packed plot set in a theme park made entirely of LEGO. As well as
amazing 3D animation, the story is further brought to life with a range of 4D elements from wind, water and smoke to special lighting effects all perfectly choreographed to what’s happening on the screen. Kate Garraway, gave it a five star rating and said, "I now know what 4D is! It's like you're actually in the movie. It was incredible." Stacey Solomon agreed saying, "The film is brilliant, my favourite character is Unikitty - she is just like me, I totally live in a Unikitty world."
They were joined on the red carpet by DJ and presenter Sara Cox, Bake Off champion and cookery writer Nadiya Hussain, singer Claire Richards and popular actresses Tamzin Outhwaite and Angela Griffin. Some of the country’s leading film critics were also in attendance and early reviews suggest that the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort has a massive hit on its hands.
Developed in collaboration with LEGOLAND owner Merlin Entertainments Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products, the attraction was created by Los Angeles-based Pure Imagination Studios with input from Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, the talented writer-directors who brought “The LEGO® Movie™” to life, along with producer Dan Lin.
"The LEGO® Movie™ 4D A New Adventure” will play daily at the LEGOLAND Windsor Resort’s ‘The LEGO 4D Movie Theatre’ throughout the 2016 season and all year round at the LEGOLAND Discovery Centre in Manchester. For further information and screening times go to www.legoland.co.uk and www.legolanddiscoverycentre.co.uk
For further information contact Tansy Ratcliffe-James or Lana Lay at freerange communications on 020
7402 9966 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE TO EDITORS
- LEGO, the LEGO logo, the Brick and Knob configurations, DUPLO and LEGOLAND are trademarks of the LEGO Group. (c)2016 The LEGO Group. THE LEGO MOVIE ©The LEGO Group & Warner Bros Entertainment Inc.
- The LEGOLAND® Windsor Resort is a unique family theme park where children aged 2 -12 can take to the road, soar through the skies and sail the seas in complete safety. It has over 55 interactive rides, attractions, live shows, building workshops and driving schools, not to mention a staggering 80 million LEGO® bricks, all set in 150 acres of beautiful parkland.
- There are five other LEGOLAND® parks in the world – LEGOLAND® Billund in Denmark, LEGOLAND® California in the U.S.A, LEGOLAND® Florida, LEGOLAND® Deutschland in Germany and LEGOLAND® Malaysia.
- MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS plc is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment. Europe’s Number 1 and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates 111 attractions, 12 hotels/4 holiday villages in 23 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its almost 63 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and c26,000 employees (peak season).
- Among Merlin’s attractions are - SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, DreamWorks Tours SHREK’s Adventure, The London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK Resort, Blackpool Tower, Heide Park Resort, Sydney Tower Eye and SKYWALK. All brands which are distinctive, challenging and innovative – and which have great potential for growth in the future.
Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.
About Warner Bros. Consumer Products
Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail
merchandising organizations in the world.